About a month ago, Chase came out with another Marriott credit card 70,000 point offer after meeting the minimum spend requirements. While this was in addition to the already existing 70,000 point offer, it had a slight advantage as it allowed more folks to apply for the card – as long as you are not currently a cardmember and haven’t received a similar sign up offer in the past 24 moths, you are eligible for this offer. The pre-existing 70,000 point offer excluded ALL previous card members regardless when you received the bonus.
Well, the month-old publicly available offer is now expiring tomorrow, so this is your last call for the card. I am not sure, however, if the pre-existing offer will stay around. The pre-existing offer is slightly better as it does not require as much minimum spend to earn the sign up bonus – it is a $1,000 different after the first three months.
So here are the two offers:
- Offer #1: Earn 70,000 points after spending $2,000 on the card within the fist three months. As long as you aren’t an existing card member and haven’t received a similar sign up offer in the past 24 months you are eligible for this offer. So if you got a 50,000 point sign up offer 3 years ago, for example, per the terms of this offer you are eligible to receive the sign up offer again. Application link.
- Offer #2: Earn 70,000 points after spending $1,000 on the card within the fist three months. The terms state that if you’ve ever received a similar offer in the past, regardless of when that was, you are NOT eligible for this offer. So even if you applied for this card four years, received a lucrative offer, cancelled the card three years ago, the terms suggest that you will NOT be able to earn the sign up bonus. Application link.
Now, both offers give you the exact same card benefits:
- Earn 1 Free Night Stay at a Category 1-4 location after account approval
- Receive 1 additional free night stay at a Category 1-5 location every year after your account anniversary date!
- Introductory Annual Fee of $0 the first year, then $85
- For every $1 spent, earn 5 points at 3,600 Marriott locations, 2 points on airline ticket purchases directly with airlines, at car rental agencies & restaurants and 1 point elsewhere
- Achieve Elite Status Faster with Annual Credit & Everyday Purchases – 15 Elite Credits after account approval and every year after your account anniversary
- Unlimited Point Accumulation
- No Foreign Transaction Fees and global Chip and Signature technology
Also, the initial category 1-4 free night and annual category 1-5 free night expire 6 months after it is earned.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links only for Offer #1 where you earn 70,000 points after spending $2,000 on the card within the first three months. As always, thanks for supporting the blog and enjoy traveling on a deal!