This post may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners, such as American Express. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here.
British Airways Chase Visa credit card is offering a total of 100,000 BA miles for new credit card applicants. This can be redeemed, for example for 2 coach tickets to Europe, 4 domestic coach flights, or 1 business seat to South East Asia. British Airways has had similar offers to this in the past, however, it is worth jumping on it this promotion now if you are interested, as there is no way to tell if they will put out such a lucrative offer again in the future. This offer is valid until May 6, 2011 with a $95/year fee (unfortunately, unlike many other credit card promotions, the first year is NOT free).
To receive the 100k:
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles after your first purchase using the card
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles after spending $2,500 on the card within three months
The British Airways credit card also has some great card features:
- Earn 2.5 BA miles for every $1 spent on British Airways purchases
- Earn 1.25 BA miles/$1 spent on every day purchases
- No foreign currency transaction fees — great for international travel usage (Hyatt and Marriott credit card also have eliminated these fees)
- Free companion award ticket after $30,000 in spend each year.
Since British Airways is part of the OneWorld Alliance group and their miles can be used on partner airlines such as American Airlines, Japan Airways, Qantas, Cathay Pacific, Iberia, Finnair, etc.
Additionally, British Airways typically has some of the most expensive taxes and fees tacked onto award tickets, so using their miles on partner airlines can reduce these additional costs.
See great posts by The Points Guy on how to maximize/use your British Airways miles:
- Tips on Using British Airways Miles
- How to Use British Airways Miles: Post 1
- How to Use British Airways Miles: Post 2, Booking a LAN award JFK-LIM
- How to Use British Airways Miles: Post 3, Understanding the Oneworld Alliance
- How to Use British Airways Miles: Post 4, Spotlight on Taxes and Fees
- How to Use British Airways Miles: Post 5, Using Household Accounts to Your Advantage
- How to Use British Airways Miles: Post 6, Understanding the Travel Together Ticket
- How to Use British Airways Miles: Post 7, Using ExpertFlyer.com for Partner Awards
- How to Use British Airways Miles: Post 8, The Art of the Stopover
- How to Use British Airways Miles: Post 9, Leveraging Miles and Cash Redemptions