This post may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners, such as American Express. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here. Additionally, some of the offers on this page may no longer be available through Deals We Like.
Between September 1 and December 31, 2011, Marriott Reward members can earn up to 30,000 airline miles with British Airways Executive Club, Delta Airlines SkyMiles, GOL/Varig Smiles, LANPASS, Lufthansa Miles & More, or United Airlines Mileage Plus by staying at Marriott hotels.You must register for this promotion online by calling 1-800-859-0686. You must change your earning preference to miles to be able to view this promotion and earn the bonus miles. To do this, go into My Account Overview > Profile > Edit Earning Preferences. A customer service representative can also change your earning preference for you.
To earn the full 30,000 bonus miles you must complete 17 stays (not nights). This promotion works best with 1 night stays. Remember, this is instead of receiving Marriott Reward points. You will not be able to earn both per stay. However, you are able to change your earning preference per stay if you choose. The Marriott Megabonus promotion does not start until September 15, so you have two weeks prior to earn the bonus miles and then switch over to start earning your Megabonus promotion. If you typically have one night stays, or can hotel hop which I typically do, I would recommend maximizing the airline promotion and then switching over to the Megabonus promotion and opt for the 5,000 points after every 2 stays promotion (up to 20,000 points/8 stays).
- 1st stay = Base miles (2 miles/$1 spent)
- 2nd stay = 1,000 bonus (total = 1,000) + Base miles
- 3rd stay = 1,500 bonus (total = 2,500) + Base miles
- 4th stay = 1,500 bonus (total = 4,000) + Base miles
- 5th stay = 2,000 bonus (total =6,000) + Base miles
- 6th stay = 2,000 bonus (total =8,000) + Base miles
- 7th stay = 2,000 bonus (total =10,000) + Base miles
- 8th stay = 2,000 bonus (total =12,000) + Base miles
- 9th stay = 2,000 bonus (total =14,000) + Base miles
- 10th stay = 2,000 bonus (total =16,000) + Base miles
- 11th stay = 2,000 bonus (total =18,000) + Base miles
- 12th stay = 2,000 bonus (total =20,000) + Base miles
- 13th stay = 2,000 bonus (total =22,000) + Base miles
- 14th stay = 2,000 bonus (total =24,000) + Base miles
- 15th stay = 2,000 bonus (total =26,000) + Base miles
- 16th stay = 2,000 bonus (total = 28,000) + Base miles
- 17th stay = 2,000 bonus (total = 30,000) + Base miles