This post may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners, such as American Express. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here.
Every major hotel chain has officially announced their Q4 promotion! While some promotions are better than others, it really depends on your travel habits to see which promotion will work best for you.
- Hyatt: Between September 15 and November 15, guests will earn 5,000 bonus points after every three nights up to 30,000 points (18 nights). Pros: Good promotion for multiple night inexpensive hotel stay. If you stay at a $79/night rate or $299/night, you will still earn the same amount of bonus points. Cons: Promotion is capped at 18 nights (30,000 points). This will get you on average 2 free nights at Hyatt hotels. After you hit the 18 nights, move elsewhere! Also, need to get in multiple of threes. Registration link. Blog Post
- Marriott: Megabonus Promotion between September 15, 2011 and January 15, 2012 . Sign into your Marriott account by October 31, 2011 to view your targeted promotion. Many times (especially if you have status), you are able to call Marriott Rewards and have them enroll you in one of the other promotions if you desire. Pros: Can possibly change to the promotion that works best for your travel pattern giving you flexibility; Cons: 50,000 points will get you on average 2 free nights, which is not a lot for 25 nights needed! The free nights are caped at a category 4 hotel. Blog Post
- 2 stays = 1 free night for a category 1 to 4 hotel (expires May 31, 2012). Limit of two free nights earned during the promotion.
- 2 stays = 5,000 points, up to 20,000 points (8 stays)
- 20 nights = 35,000 points; 25 nights earns additional 15,000 for a total of 50,000 points
- 15 nights = 25,000 points; 20 nights earns additional 15,000 for a total of 40,000 points
- Hilton: Between October 1 and December 31, guests can register to earn one of two promotions. Remember, you are not able to change your selection after registration, so make sure to choice wisely! I would actually recommend holding off registering until you decide which of the two promotions will work best for you. The free night promotion is best to use if you have one night stays. Pros: Free night certificate is good for 6 months and can be redeemed at ALL Hilton hotels, there are no exclusions! You have the ability to select the promotion that works best with your upcoming travel. There is no limit to the number of certificates or points you can earn. Cons: MANY hotels are excluded from earning the promotion (make sure to check out the exclusion list). Need to stay in multiple of fours for the free night certificate to make it worth it . Blog Post
- Free night certificate after 4 stays or 10 nights. Nights do not need to be consecutive and the certificate lasts for 6 months.
- Double points on all stays
- Starwood: Between September 6 and December 18, earn double points for all stays and triple points if your stay includes a Thursday and/or Sunday night. Must register by November 15, 2011. Pros: No hotel hoping for one night stays needed. There is no maximum number of bonus points you can earn Cons: An inexpensive hotel room won’t earn you too many points. Blog Post
- Priority Club: Between September 15 and December 31, guests with IHG hotels can earn up to 80,000 Priority Club points or 16,000 miles during their “2X, 3X, or 4X” Fall promotion. IHG hotels include: InterContinental, Crowne Plaza, Indigo, Holiday Inn, Express by Holiday Inn, Staybridge Suites, and Candlewood Suites. Pros: You have the option between earning points or miles. While there is a cap, it is decently high compared to some of the other hotel caps. Cons: The promotion is slightly confusing. You need to stay at many hotel brands to earn the maximum number of points, so staying at your normal hotel will not work. If you select miles, 16,000 miles won’t get you too far. Register for 80,000 Bonus Points Promotion; Register for 16,000 Miles Promotion; Blog Post
- Bonus Level 1 = 500 points/100 miles per night
- Bonus Level 2 = Earn 2x your bonus when you stay with two different IHG brands (1,000 points/200 miles per night)
- Bonus Level 3 = Earn 3x your bonus when you stay with three different IHG brands (1,500 points/300 miles per night)
- Bonus Level 4 = Earn 4x your bonus when you stay with four different IHG brands (2,000 points/400 miles per night)
Which promotion will you be taking advantage of?! Comment below with any success stories.