This post may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners, such as American Express. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here. Additionally, some of the offers on this page may no longer be available through Deals We Like.
Black Friday and Cyber Monday are only a few days away!!! Who else is counting down the minutes with me?! Even if you are not into the electronic deals out there, there are some great travel deals to be had! My assumption is if you are reading this blog, you love a good travel deal (I know I do)! For the in-store tangible deals, you will receive a slew of circulars in tomorrow’s newspaper. Unfortunately, this is not the case with the travel deals (maybe one day, I hope)! So… where do you find these deals, and how do you know when they are available. Also, are these the best deals to be had?
Some tips to find the best travel deals during Black Friday and Cyber Monday:
- Check out Deals We Like blog and twitter feed. I know that is self-promoting, but I will be constantly tweeting with the travel deals I find during this period. Make sure to follow me on twitter. Each day I will also compile all the travel deals I find in a blog post. Make sure to check out my previous Black Friday/Cyber Monday posts as well:
- Reminder: Make Sure to Register for Small Business Saturday!
- Black Friday and Cyber Monday Travel Deals!
- Read your emails! Many of the companies will be spamming your email box with many of the Black Friday and Cyber Monday deals.
- Use social media. On Facebook and Twitter make sure to friend or follow the companies you are most interested in. Many of the travel companies will be using social media to promote their deals and have hourly promotion blasts.
- Do your research in advance. Many of the promotions can be found prior to them being available. While the actual rate or cost might not be available, you can still get an idea of the price range. Decide in advance what you are looking for as many deals will be available for a limited time only and not give you much time to go back and forth with your decision.
- Research other rates available. Remember that the Black Friday and Cyber Monday rates (specifically at hotels) might not be the best ones available. I was researching this morning some of the Black Friday Starwood rates, and while some of them were great, there were other lower rates available in some locations using other rate codes.
- Google is your best friend. Just Googling “Black Friday Travel Deals” or “Cyber Monday Travel Deals” will pull up many news articles detailing out travel deals. Just make sure to read the ones for 2011 and not 2010!
Black Friday Only Travel Deals
- Travelocity: Savings of up to 50% off. Offers might include third night free, 50% off at hotels in Hawaii, 40% off hotels in downtown Chicago, etc. Black Friday Booking site: Travelocity.com/blackfriday
- Yuupon: Between 9am and 9pm EST, Yuupon is offering hourly, travel-related deals up to 99% off. Shoppers get an advance look at the secret sale schedule on Thanksgiving when they sign up and register for Yuupon’s newsletter at Yuupon.com. Sale items include: 90% off airline gift cards, $1 for $10 restaurant gift cards, 90% off Vegas shows, $2.50 for $25 gas cards, $1 movie tickets, 90% off Florida tours, and $2 for $20 Yuupon credit. Go to http://www.yuupon.com/BlackFridayTravelDeals to grab any and all of these deals!
- Red Roof Inn: Offering 15% off its lowest rate between 12:01am EST and 11:59am EST. Must book via their website and use promotion code “608270.”
- Intercontinental Hotel Group: Black Friday Twitter event starting at 12:01am EST. You MUST follow them on Twitter.
Cyber Monday Travel Deals
- Marriott’s Florida Resorts: Offer savings up to 25% on Cyber Monday with rates starting from $95 to $186 per night. Available online on Monday, Nov. 28 only, the savings can be applied on stays from Nov. 29, 2011 through Jan. 8, 2012. For reservations, visit www.marriott.com/floridacybermonday (live on Cyber Monday) or visit www.marriott.com and enter the promotional code DOD. There are black out dates, so I would not assume to find a great steal for Christmas week, but you never know!
- The Wyndham Grand Orlando Resort Bonnet Creek: For the 24 hours of Cyber Monday, guests who book a Friday and Saturday night stay will receive Sunday night free. Rates start at $209 and the offer is available for travel Nov. 28, 2011 through Jan. 30, 2012, based on availability. www.wyndhamgrandorlando.com
- Affinia Hotels – NYC, Chicago, and Washington DC: Starting at midnight on Cyber Monday (Nov. 28), Affinia Hotels is offering 10%off best available rates for stays through Nov, 28, 2012. Rates start as low as $109 in Chicago, $119 in D.C. and $161 in NYC. In addition, guests who book on Cyber Monday will receive a $50 credit to be used at the hotel for in-room goodies like treats from the mini bar, room service and more. To book visit www.affinia.com/cyber on Nov. 28 and use promotional code: CYBER1.
- Windsor Court Hotel New Orleans: Offering 20% off best available rates for select dates in December and January. Valid for travel through Jan. 31, 2012. Complimentary daily breakfast in The Grill Room or en-suite, based on double occupancy. Room upgrade upon check-in, based on availability. 15% off in all F&B outlets during guests’ stay, including The Grill Room, Polo Club Lounge, and Le Salon. Rates at the Windsor Court Hotel begin at $345. To take advantage of this offer, guests may book online at www.windsorcourthotel.com and use the code CYBER, valid on Monday, Nov. 28, 2011 only.
- Jetsetter.com: Up to 50% Off Deals & Hourly Giveaways. NEW Flash Sale Every Hour at Prices 40%-50% Off from 9 a.m. EST to 9 p.m. EST on Cyber Monday, Nov. 28. Each vacation will be available for only 24-hours, or while availability lasts. Deals will range from a hot Las Vegas hotel and an eco-friendly resort in Costa Rica, to added-value offerings such as a free upgrade to a penthouse or a complimentary private villa chef paired with Jetsetter Homes. Additionally, each hour, Jetsetter will surprise and delight one lucky member making a Cyber Monday purchase. Jetsetter might pay for someone’s trip, foot the bill for airfare, or provide a free consultation with one of Jetsetter’s Personal Travel Planners. Winners will be announced every hour from 9 a.m. EST to 9 p.m. EST, via Facebook. www.jetsetter.com/cybermonday
- Travelocity: Savings of up to 50% off during two different one-day sales: Black Friday and Cyber Monday. Offers might include third night free, 50% off at hotels in Hawaii, 40% off hotels in downtown Chicago, etc. Cyber Monday Booking site: Travelocity.com/cybermonday
- Starwood Hotels: Offering a one day sale of up to 40% off their regular rates January 1 – April 30, 2012. On Cyber Monday these rates will be available via a special site: Starwood’s Cyber Monday site. This is an instance where Social Media will come in handy – If you are friends with them on Facebook or follow them on Twitter you will get early access to the site on Sunday at 6pm EST.
- Loews Hotels: Offering 20% off their base rate one day only for travel between November 29, 2011 and March 31, 2012. The Cyber Monday promotions can be found by on their website.
Thanksgiving Week + Travel Deals (Current Deals)
- Starwood Hotels: Receive 50% off every 2nd nights in eligible suites – view rates here (promotion code: S2S). Receive up to 35% off every night in standard rooms – view rates here (promotion code: CYBRLT).