This post may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners, such as American Express. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here. Additionally, some of the offers on this page may no longer be available through Deals We Like.
The past few weeks we’ve seen not one, but two changes to the Priority Club program:
1. For North America InterContinental Hotels, you will not longer earn a fixed number of points per stay. Instead of the 2,000 point per stay structure, you will instead receive 10 points per dollar. The other exclusion are the InterContinental alliance resorts (which currently include the Palazzo and the Venetian hotels). This change takes place February 15, 2012. Thanks New Girl in the Air for this news!
2. The number points needed to redeem for a free night at a Priority Club hotel is changing, with many brands adding another higher point level. Starting January 18, 2012, the following changes will take place:
- Candlewood Suites – either 15,000 or 20,000 points per night (previously all Candlewood Suites were only 15,000 points)
- Crowne Plaza and Hotel Indigo – either 25,000 or 35,000 points per night (previously all Crowne Plaza and Hotel Indigo hotels were just 25,000 points)
- Holiday Inn and Holiday Inn Express – either 10,000, 15,000, 20,000 or 25,000 points per night (previously all Holiday Inn and Holiday Inn Express hotels were 10,000, 15,000, or 25,0000 points)
- InterContinental – either 30,000, 40,000 or 50,000 points per night (previously InterContinental hotels were 30,000 or 40,000 points)
- Staybridge Suites – either 20,000 or 25,000 points per night (previously Staybridge Suites were only 20,000)
The good news is that they will sill honor the previous number of points needed through March 18, 2012, but you must call the Priority Club Service Center to reserve your Reward Night (make sure to ask for the original point redemption). If you are unsure of an upcoming stay, I’d suggest making it in case and cancelling it later (just make sure to cancel within the proper cancellation time set by the hotel)