This post may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners, such as American Express. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here.
Update #1: You can instead make $9 profit by donating $1 to the Chabad Jewish Student Center at the University Of Texas. This is a one time thing though, so if you already took part if another statement credit promotion tied to “AmexAustin10” this will not work. You can also donate the entire $10 – it is for a good cause! Good karma!
Update #2: The $10 statement credit for tweeting “#AmexAustin10” expired on 3/13/12
This is another Amex + Twitter promo, where you will receive a $10 statement credit when donating $10 to a few different charities. This is a one time thing, thus a profit of $5. For about 1 minute of work, I’ll take an extra $5 in my pocket any day – all while donating to charity as well!
- First make sure to sync your American Express card with your Twitter account
- Then, from your Twitter account tweet “AmexAustin10”
- You will receive a confirmation from Twitter that you registered
- Donate $5 or more to the Austin Children’s Shelter or to the Jewish Federation of Austin
- Like all other Amex statement credit promotions, you will receive a confirmation email of the $10 statement credit (these can take a week or two to post)
Remember to take a look at all of the other Amex + Twitter promotions as well: