This post may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners, such as American Express. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here.
Last week, US Airways announced another 100% bonus promotion for all purchased miles. Since I started this blog a little over a year ago, this is the forth time (I think) that they’ve offered a 100% promotion (or some variation of), however, this one is slightly different from the past:
- Receive a 50% bonus when purchasing Dividend Miles
- Receive an additional 50% bonus for being a points.com member (you can register for points.com here)
- First 50% bonus will post immediately with your purchase
- Second 50% bonus will post by June 5th
- Promotion ends April 15th
- Maximum amount of miles you can purchase is 50,000 (thus giving you 100,000 miles in total)
- Miles cost 3.5 cents each
- Your US Airways account must be at least 12 days old (if you do not have one, create one now, and then you will be good to go to purchase these miles in 12 days)
Should you take advantage of this promotion?
While there is no cut and dry answer, this promotion could be great for some of you. Those who primarily redeem for domestic travel will most likely not see the value, but for those that desire business and first class on international flights, this could be a great deal!
Typically, miles are sold for $0.035, but with this promotion you can think of each mile as costing $0.0175. If you go all in, the 100,000 miles will cost you $1,750. These 100,000 miles can be used for a round-trip business class ticket from the US to Europe. Purchasing this ticket will typically cost you at least $3,000 (and that is on the conservative side probably). Remember though, you will not earn miles when redeeming, so there is that opportunity cost as well.
Right now, I will not be participating in this promotion as I do not have the need. For those of you that make it work, where will you be going?!
Thanks Lucky for passing along this promotion!