This post may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners, such as American Express. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here.
Both Foursquare and Twitter are running promotions, where if you synch your American Express card, you can save on gas! You must use your synced card when making your purchases.
- Promotion #1: Shell Gas Stations – Spend $25 and get $3 off at Shell Gas Stations (Foursquare promotion) – expires May 12, 2012
- First, synch your American Express card with Foursquare – sign into Foursquare and sync here
- With Foursquare, “check-in” at your local Shell Gas Station. You can do that online or on your phones foursquare app (I personally use my iPhone app – so the following screen shots are if you do this via the app)
- Search for “Shell gas” and then click on the Shell Gas Station merchant that was found. You might have to wait till you are actually at the gas station if you are not currently in close proximity to your Shell station.
- On the next screen, click the “Check In Here” button
- Click the “tap to redeem” section on your app
- Click the “Load To Card” button. Once it’s loaded, that button will turn orange and say “Loaded”
- Promotion #2: Gulf Gas Stations – Spend $25 and get $5 back at Gulf Gas Stations (Twitter promotion) – expires April 30, 2012
- First, synch your American Express card with Twitter – sign in with twitter and sync here
- Tweet “#AmexGulfOil”
- After registering and sending a tweet you will receive a notification in your Twitter account. Literally, all you have to do is send a tweet and copy and paste the #tag and you will be enrolled – should take no more than 2 minutes!
- To learn more about the many Twitter/Amex promotions, read this prior blog post.
While this is not some huge breaking deal, I’d assume 90% of my readers pay for gas, so might as well save a few bucks. Just remember, this is a one time deal per card. You also can only sync one card per foursquare or twitter account. If you have multiple Amex cards you must set up multiple accounts.
Thanks to reader Joey for sending the Foursquare promotion my way!