This post may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners, such as American Express. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here.
So this weekend was the Frequent Traveler University at the Sheraton Meadowlands in New Jersey. I was asked to partake in Sunday’s session during the “Credit Card Tournament of Champions” where 12 credit cards went head to head to find out which one would be the “Best Credit Card in the Whole Galaxy.” It was a session moderated by Gary from View from the Wing. Other contenders facilitating this session with me included Mommy Points, Million Mile Secrets, and Tommy777. It was a really fun session and I think many of the participants really enjoyed this.
The roundup included (winners in red):
- United Explorer (Mommy Points) vs. British Airways Visa (View from a Wing) – blog post with pros/cons
- Chase Sapphire Preferred (Me!) vs. Starwood American Express (Million Mile Secrets) – blog post with pros/cons
- Chase Ink Bold (Million Mile Secrets) vs. Alaska Visa (View from a Wing) – blog post with pros/cons
- American Express Preferred Rewards Gold (Million Mile Secrets) vs. Capital One (Tommy777) – blog post with pros/cons (coming soon)
- American Express Platinum (Me!) vs. Ritz Carlton (Tommy777) – blog post with pros/cons (coming soon)
- Fidelity Amex 2% Cashback (View from a Wing) vs. Citi AA Mastercard (MommyPoints) – blog post with pros/cons (coming soon)
It was a very sophisticated polling system (i.e., raising of the hands), and the ultimate winner actually went to the Starwood American Express card! While I beg to differ (as I was supporting the Sapphire Preferred card against the SPG card) I really do like the SPG card! While it would not be the sole card in my wallet, it definitely has a decent spot there amongst many other.
Since most of my blog readers were not able to attend, I will be doing my own version of this session on this site for you all. I will go through the pros/cons for you throughout this week and next for each match up – I know many of you are probably wondering which one works best for your personal situation so hopefully this will help!
Obviously for the Sapphire Preferred vs. SPG card Million Mile Secrets paid off some participants as the Sapphire Card should have won, but I’ll let it sly this time! Just kidding MMS – had a great time!
What are your thoughts about the winners above? Anyone think there should be a recount?