This post may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners, such as American Express. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here.
Happy Friday!!! Before I get into my recap email from the week I wanted to wish a VERY HAPPY BIRTHDAY to the one and only Mr. Deals – my husband! For those of you who do not religiously read this blog (although you should!), Mr. Deals is my Sunday feature and you can find him typically complaining about all of the crazy travel related stuff I make him take part in! Although he might complain, deep down he really does love it. Love you babe and happy birthday!!
Now back to the stuff that really matters… deals!
So I am taking a new approach on the Travel Deals tab. In the past it has been updated weekly with the travel deals from the various deal-a-day sites. I am sensing that this is not needed too much, so instead I will be updating it with many travel deals that I find (typically at hotels) that allow you to book directly with the hotel and not through a third party vendor. This page is still a work in progress, so bare with me for the next week or so.
More importantly, the Promotions page has been updated and lists the most up to date credit card, hotel, airline, and car rental promotions. If you ever want a quick view of what is going on in the points and miles deal world – go there! This should be your one-stop-shop for all promotions that have been blogged about in the past!
- Today marks the first day to activate your Q3 spending categories with your Chase Freedom credit card – you will get 5x points at gas stations and restaurants for the months of July, August, and September
- The Club Carlson 25% off promotion ends today!
- Join Kiva to help businesses in third world countries succeed – this is also a way to increase your credit card spend!
- People have reported a targeted offer of 70,000 points for the Chase Sapphire Preferred credit card – if you applied within the 3 months with the 50k or 40k offer I’d suggest sending Chase a secure message to see if they’ll match this offer – thanks Will Run for Miles for letting me know!
- Ritz Carlson has upped their credit card offer to 70,000 points + first year annual fee waived – you can read more about how to apply for this offer at the One Mile at a Time blog
- Want to travel to the Maldives at a 50% discount? View from a Wing blog found that the Hyatt in the Maldives (which looks amazing btw) is offering a 50% off sale on their rooms! While this is still not cheap, it is better than paying rack rate (although I’d still recommend using your points!)
Also, make sure you subscribe to this site to receive 1 email around 6-7pm EST of all posts from the day. On the right-hand column of the site, you can enter your email address to subscribe. You will then have to verify your subscription through an automated email. Make sure to follow me on Twitter or Facebook for last minute promotions, mistake fares, and other “good to know” knowledge!
Enjoy the weekend and safe travels! Let me know your travel plans for the weekend! I am already in Boston for the weekend – Happy Fathers Day Dad!