This post may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners, such as American Express. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here.
Another American Express statement credit promotion!!! This time, you can get a $30 statement credit by spending $150 at three participating merchants in Washington, D.C. There are a few stipulations: 1) the promotion runs between July 1 and July 31, and 2) you must use your registered American Express credit card. Fortunately this promotion has done a great job with their participating merchant list so it should be extremely clear which transactions count. This promotion is primarily limited to hotels, restaurants, and attractions. There are a few other merchants, but they are slim. You can check a list of participating merchants here.
So how does this work?
- Register your American Express credit card (corporate cards do not apply).
- Make at least three (3) purchases at three (3) different Washington, DC participating merchants between July 1-31. The three transactions must total at least $150.
- Within 3-5 business days you will receive a $30 statement credit on your registered American Express credit card
- There is no minimum dollar amount for each transaction. For example, you can have one $150 transaction at Merchant 1, while Merchant 2 and 3 can be $1.
- If you are scrounging around to to complete one or two more transactions, just go to a participating restaurant and purchase a $1 soda – or maybe the bar will just charge you a nickel for a cup of water!
- The terms state that you can only register one card per person, but I have a feeling that registering multiple cards will work (at least they have for other promotions).
- Make sure to complete all three transactions with the same registered American Express card.