This post may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners, such as American Express. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here.
As I laid out for you a few weeks ago, the online tool is now available to transfer your British Midland International (BMI) miles to British Airways Avios. Points will transfer as a 1:1 ratio. Now, the one caveat is that transfers can only be made between individual accounts and not to BA household accounts. If you currently have a BA household account and have many BMI miles you’d like to transfer over, I’d highly suggest disassembling your household account asap. UPDATE: Readers have been able to transfer their miles over even with a household account, so see if it works for you!
Even if you do not think you have any BMI miles, make sure to double check! There was a promotion awhile ago where you would get 1,000 BMI miles just for creating a new account. Good chance you probably forgot about that, and if so, you are 1,000 British Airways points richer!
How to transfer your miles:
- Log into your British Airways Executive Club account (if you do not currently have an account you can create one here)
- Halfway down the page you’ll find a section called “Your Options” – underneath that click “Combine My Avios”
- Click the red “Combine My Avios” button at the bottom of the page
- Select “bmi Diamond Club” from the “Select your Programme” drop-down and enter your bmi membership number and password (you can sign onto your bmi account here to find your membership number)
- Enter the amount of miles you want to transfer from bmi to British Airways (you cannot transfer the other way) and click “Review Combine my Accounts”
- Accept the terms and conditions and click “Combine my Avios”
- Your miles have transfered over