This post may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners, such as American Express. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here. Additionally, some of the offers on this page may no longer be available through Deals We Like.
Through the American Express deal-a-day site, Vente-Privee, you can purchase $40 of Uber credits for $19. And if you keep on reading you’ll find out how to actually get an additional $10 free as well! Thanks View from the Wing for leading me to this deal!
While I’ve used Uber here and there, my friends in Boston swear by it. For me in NYC, I am typically able to walk outside, put my hand out and a cab is ready for wherever I need to go. In
many most cities this is not the case and an at-your-service car service is very much needed. I’ve used it once in NYC and it came in uber handy. I got off at the 125th street station (in Harlem) after taking the metro north train back into the city and didn’t feel too safe (not one of the smarter decisions I’ve made). It was dark, night time, and I was a walking target with my suitcase, a laptop bag, and on a cell phone in my hand. A cab was no where to be found and I really didn’t have a spare hand to hail one down. I immediately ducked into a McDonalds, requested an Uber through their iPhone app, and within 5 minutes a car service was at the front door of McDonalds picking me up. While the fare was a few dollars more than a taxi, it was much cheaper than a regular car service and came much faster – this is typically the case with their service. Additionally, tip is included and no cash or credit card is needed – everything is linked to your account. The cars are also extremely new/clean, and the company will even text you with the drivers name for extra security.
So now back to the deal (and make sure to pay attention as it is two-fold):
- Via Vente-Privee you can purchase a $40 Uber credit for $19. However, this is for new Uber customers only. Additionally, if you refer a friend and they make a purchase through this deal-a-day site, you will receive a $20 referral credit to use on a future purchase. If you’d like to use my Vente-Privee referral link, it is always appreciated, or go find a friend/family member, whoever to refer you and share the referral wealth!
- Now, for new Uber members, which you all must be to jump on the first deal, you can get a free $10 in credit just by signing up! This sign up must come from an existing member (the referrer receives a $10 credit as well after you take your first Uber trip). This will really make the deal $50 for a $19 purchase, so ultimately $30 in free credits!
Some things to know:
- You are not able to use existing Vente-Privee credits to purchase this deal
- Ubers are located in the following cities: Atlanta, Boston, Chicago, Hamptons (summer only), Los Angeles, New York City, Philadelphia, San Diego, San Francsico, Seattle and Washington DC
- This deal is available for purchase through Monday, July 30, 2012, 9 AM ET
Enjoy your Uber deal and discounted taxi/car service!