This post may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners, such as American Express. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here. Additionally, some of the offers on this page may no longer be available through Deals We Like.
Order a $200 American Express prepaid card and get a $25 free gift card – simple as that! Oh, and you are able to order three of them, so that will give you $75 in total! This is the exact same offer that was back in June, so for those of you who missed out, here is your 2nd chance. This current offer end August 31st.
As I mentioned back in June, this is the same prepaid card that some people have been purchasing at Office Depot (as they earn 5x points when credit cards that give them bonus points at office supply stores). However, for those of you who do not have this particular credit card, are not interested in the hassle of going to Office Depot, or live in a state/city that does not sell them (i.e, NYC!), then this is the perfect opportunity to still get some FREE money!
- This card has no fees (unless purchased at Office Depot)
- Can be used as a form of payment anywhere American Express is accepted
- Has the same purchase protection benefits as all other Amex credit cards!
- Can withdraw up to $400 per day at ATM machines.
- Amex Fees: First withdrawal per month is free. There after you will be charged $2 per withdrawal
- ATM Fees: Each ATM machine imposes varying fees – Amex will not charge any fees, but the ATM might charge a fee
- Cannot be sent to residents in the states of Arkansas or Vermont
- No foreign transaction fees
Steps to get your FREE $25:
- Step 1: Order an American Express Prepaid Card here.
- Select the option: “I would like to order a new Card (I don’t have a temporary Card).”
- Must add $200+ at the time of ordering to get the free $25
- You will be asked for your SS#, however, no credit check will be run
- Step 2: Once your card has shipped, activate your card and set up your account
- Your $25 FREE American Express gift card will be sent to you via mail within 6 weeks
- Step 3: Use your American Express Prepaid Card at a merchant to purchase an item or withdraw the cash from an ATM (note: DO NOT abuse the ATM privilege)
- Step 4: People have reported being able to order a maximum of three of these cards and received three $25 gift cards – that is now $75 for FREE!
I ordered three of these cards on June 30 and received the cards in the mail two weeks later. I took awhile to verify my accounts so that is why it took a few weeks to arrive. Out of my three cards, two of them had $200 loaded onto it, one of them had nothing. Not sure what happened with one of the cards, but oh well. I have yet to receive my $25 gift cards per reloadable card, but it has only been 4 weeks and they state it will take 6 weeks. My assumption is I will only receive two $25 gift cards not three, since one of the orders did not have $200 on it. I have not ordered more than three so I am not sure if there really is a limit, anyone have experience with this?
How to continue to utilize this card
Many people will solely use this card for the FREE $25, however, there are great points and miles opportunities by sticking with this card for your everyday purchases. Many credit cards give you bonus points when making purchases at office supply stores, up to 5x points with specific cards. Many have purchased the myVanilla Prepaid Reload card at Office Depot stores. Each card costs $3.95 regardless of the dollar value. The best bang for your buck is to purchase the $500 card (the highest amount available). You can either use this card for your every day spend, or load the value onto the American Express Prepaid Card you just purchased. This is for convenience purposes and so you get the perks that come with this card.
You can load a maximum of $1,000 in any 24-hour period and $2,500 every 28 days. Note though that some stores are no longer allowing you to use your credit card to purchase these cards, only cash is accepted. If that is the case then you are out of luck. However, I’d recommend asking a manager if they’ll allow the transaction to go through. The main reason they are limiting this is due to fraud, not our little crew trying to earn more points and miles! Also, these cards cannot be purchased in New Jersey, Arkansas, and Vermont. NYC does not sell these cards either.