This post may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners, such as American Express. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here.
Another Marriott Megabonus promotions has been announced! This time period will run September 15, 2012 through January 15, 2013. While I am typically not a huge fan of the Megabonus promotions I do love how it is only the summer and I already know the Marriott promotion through the beginning of next year. And the best thing this Fall, no credit card restriction!!! In the past the Fall promotion required the use of a Visa credit card. This typically did not work well for business stays as my company, along with many others, require the use of a corporate Amex. Two thumbs up for a positive enhancement here!
The current Megabonus promotion ends August 31, so there is a 2 week gap with no point promotion. However, there is a miles earning promotion with Marriott that ends October 31, so you’ll never be without a promotion for another 24 weeks, which is awesome!
I personally am not able to register (I’ll need to call Marriott to see what is going on), but Mr. Deals was targeted for the stay twice receive a free category 1-4 certificate (up to three certificates). If you were targeted for one promotion, but would prefer another, call Marriott Rewards (1-801-468-4000) and ask if you can be registered for that promotion instead. Typically, they will not be able to change this in the system, but will document this request on your account and manually adjust the points you are awarded after the promotion is over. If you speak to a representative that is not aware of this or says no, hang up and call again.
You can check your targeted offer here: http://www.marriottrewards.com/MegaBonus2012. As I mentioned previously, I am getting an error message, but others have been able to register. Make sure you are signed into your account prior to registering. You MUST register for this promotion by October 31, 2012.
Typical offers are (based on past promotions):
- 2 stays = 1 free night for a category 1 to 4 hotel (expires 1 year from the date issued). Limit of three free night certificates earned during the promotion
- 2 stays = 5,000 points, up to 20,000 points (8 stays)
- Weekend stay = 5,000 bonus points per weekend stay for a maximum of 15,000 points (3 weekend stays)
- 2 different Marriott brands = Earn 2,500 bonus points after staying at two brands in the Marriott portfolio; earn an additional 2,500 points after your third brand and an additional 10,000 points when you stay at four brands (earn up to 15,000 points max)
- 20 nights = 35,000 points; 25 nights earns additional 15,000 for a total of 50,000 points
- 15 nights = 25,000 points; 20 nights earns additional 15,000 for a total of 40,000 points
With the current trend of other hotel chain promotions being sub-par, I actually might start considering Marriott more. I personally have been able to get some great value out of my free night Marriott certificates, and pan a fan that they now have a 1 year expiration date, which is awesome. Since I do a bunch of one night stays, I’ll probably put either 2 or 4 of my stays with Marriott during the promotional time frame.
Click here to view Marriott hotels and book a reservation.