This post may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners, such as American Express. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here. Additionally, some of the offers on this page may no longer be available through Deals We Like.
With the announcement of yet another Hilton credit card last week, it is hard to keep track of them all. Which credit card offers what? Which credit card is best for you? Too many choices, right?! Well, I have done the dirty work for you and compiled all the benefits of each card so you can compare.
- Citi® Hilton HHonorsTM Visa Signature Card
- Citi® Hilton HHonorsTM Reserve Card
- Hilton HHonors Surpass Card from American Express
- Hilton HHonors Card from American Express
|Card / Category||Citi Hilton HHonorsTM Visa Signature Card||Citi Hilton HHonorsTM Reserve Card||Hilton HHonors Surpass Card from American Express||Hilton HHonors Card from American Express|
|Hilton Hotel spend||6x points||10x points||12x points||7x points|
|Supermarkets||3x points||No bonus (see all other spend)||6x points||5x points|
|Gas stations||3x points||No bonus (see all other spend)||6x points||5x points|
|Drug stores||3x points||No bonus (see all other spend)||No bonus (see all other spend)||No bonus (see all other spend)|
|Restaurants||No bonus (see all other spend)||No bonus (see all other spend)||6x points||5x points|
|Phone, Cable, TV, Internet spend||No bonus (see all other spend)||No bonus (see all other spend)||No bonus (see all other spend)||No bonus (see all other spend)|
|Airline, Car Rental spend||No bonus (see all other spend)||5x points||No bonus (see all other spend)||No bonus (see all other spend)|
|All other spend||2x points||3x points||3x points||3x points|
|Status||Silver||Gold (Earn Diamond status after spending $40,000 each calendar year)||Gold statu (Earn Diamond status after spending $40,000 each calendar year)||Silver (Earn Gold status after spending $20,000 each calendar year)|
|Foreign Transaction Fees||Yes||No||Yes||Yes|
|Other||Access to 5th night free awards||Earn a free weekend night annually if you spend $10,000 on the card in your cardmembership year (Free weekend nights are not valid at Hilton Grand Vacation Clubs, All-inclusive resorts, and Waldorf-Astoria hotels with no standard rooms offered); Access to 5th night free awards||Access to AXON awards and 5th night free awards||Access to AXON awards and 5th night free awards|
So hopefully the chart above will help you decide which one works best for your personal situation.
- If you put a lot of spend on Hilton hotels, you’ll want to make sure to go for the card that gives you 12 points per dollar (Amex Surpass) or 10 points per dollar (Citi Hilton Reserve)
- If you stay at Hilton hotels often, but not enough to earn status, then you’ll want to get one that gives you automatic gold status – this will give you free breakfast, internet, and a potential upgrade (Citi Hilton Reserve or Amex Surpass)
- If you won’t be putting much spend on your card and just looking for the bonus points, then go for one with no annual fee that gives you access to both AXON awards and 5th night free awards (Hilton Amex – no fee)
- If you are planning to stay two weekend nights at an expensive, high-end hotels in the next 12 months (i.e., Paris, London, Tahiti), go for the one with two free nights at any hotel (Citi Hilton Reserve)
The options are endless, but these scenarios might provide you with some guidance.
Related Posts from the Hilton program series:
- Introduction to a new Hilton Credit Card – Citi® Hilton HHonorsTM Reserve Card
- Hilton Credit Card Comparison
- Earning Status with Hilton
- What does Hilton Status Get You?
- Understanding the Double-dip Options
- Utilizing Hilton GLON Awards (GLON awards have been discontinued)
- Utilizing Hilton AXON Awards
- GLON vs. AXON – Which One is Better? (GLON awards have been discontinued)
- Utilizing Hilton’s 5th Night Free Awards
- AXON vs. 5th Night Free Award – Which One is Better?
- Understanding Hilton Cash and Points Redemption
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links for some of the credit cards. All of these are the best offers available. As always, thanks for your support and happy traveling on a deal!