This post may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners, such as American Express. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here.
Another American Express syncing promotion and this one should pertain to a vast majority of readers in the US. Purchase a $50 gift card with your synced American Express card at over 300 malls and get a $10 statement credit. You can then turn around and use that gift card at any store location within the mall. This promotion runs through September 9, 2012 and enrollment is limited.
For a compiled list of all the shopping malls within each chain, check out this site, but it contains Macerich Shopping Centers, Preit Malls, Premium Outlets, and Simon Malls.
Now, it looks like you can actually get a $10 statement credit when purchasing a $50 mall gift card at each individual shopping center, for a total of $40 for free in statement credits. On Facebook, under the American Express “Link, Like, Love” promotions, I see each of these as individual offers and am able to load each of them to my account separately. They do in fact look like separate offers where you can take advantage of all five!
You can enroll in any of these five offers through Facebook, Twitter, or Foursquare. Via Twitter, I actually only see two of the promotions currently (Macerich Shopping Center is #AmexMacerichMalls and Simon Malls is
#AmexSimonMalls). With this promotion, I personally recommend just enrolling via Facebook as they are all available and the Facebook mode is very easy.
Here are some quick steps if you are not already registered with Facebooks “Link, Like, Love” American Express site:
- Launch the application from this link. Follow the directions to install and create an account.
- Sync your American Express credit card to your account
- Go to the “Link, Like, Love” application on Facebook – this can be found on the left-hand column of your Facebook account (or if you just set up an account you are already in the application).
- Find the promotion you are looking for and click “Get Offer” – this will be available for each promotion in the individual box.
- Once you add a promotion to your account it will leave the main page – you can see all the promotions you are enrolled in if you click the “On My Card” link on the left-hand side of the page.