This post may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners, such as American Express. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here.
The 2nd Frequent Traveler University for 2012 has been announced. It will be in Los Angeles Sheraton Gateway LAX November 30-December 2. I unfortunately will not be able to attend as those are the dates I booked for my trip to Israel, but this is a great way to learn more about your favorite topic – points and miles!
- Gary Leff (gleff) and Ben Schlappig (lucky9876coins) will share their experience booking hundreds of millions of miles worth of award tickets.
- Million Mile Secrets will offer a solid introduction to those new (or always looking to brush up!) on the hobby.
- Steve Belkin (beaubo) has experience earning tens of millions of miles and burning hundreds of millions. He’s hired New Zealand college students and disabled Thai rice farmers to fly for him. He’ll show you how to take the next big mileage deal and turn it to your LASTING advantage – without having a run in with the DEA while you’re at it!
- Cranky Flyer, the Founder of Cranky Concierge and one of Conde’ Nast Travel’s world’s top travel specialists, will teach you all the tricks you need to know DURING your travels, when things go wrong along the way, how to extricate yourself from the trickiest weather delays and mechanical cancellations. Wow your friends. Impress gate agents. And get yourself to your destination with ease.
- Seth Miller, the Wandering Aramean, has a technology background and has built several tools that make it easier for you to manage your travel, to find award tickets, and to fly as inexpensively as possible. He shares these tools with you for free!
- $99 per person
- This includes:
- Access to all sessions
- Exclusive access to the milepoint’s holiday appreciation party Friday night, adult beverages and finger food
- A Starbucks Giftcard courtesy of Million Mile Secrets
- Lunch, including drinks Saturday and Sunday
- Register for the event here
- $105/night at the Sheraton Gateway Los Angeles Airport
- Book your stay here
I was able to attend the FTU on the East Coast in New Jersey back in April and personally think it is a great event. During that event, I had the opportunity to present on a few credit card benefits during the credit card showdown. I think this session was a huge hit as one of the most common questions is, “Which credit card do I use?!” Here is a re-cap of the session:
- Round 1: United Explorer vs. British Airways Visa
- Round 2: Chase Sapphire Preferred vs. Starwood American Express
- Round 3: Chase Ink Bold vs. Alaska Airlines
- Round 4: American Express Premier Rewards Gold vs. Capital One Venture
- Round 5: American Express Platinum vs. Ritz Carlton