This post may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners, such as American Express. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here.
Hope you all had a great week and were able to get on some deals and promotions. As you are well aware by now, every Friday I do a weekly recap post to ensure that you do not miss out on anything from the past 7 days. The following pages also serve as your one-stop-shop to keep up to date on all the deals and promotions available. You do not want to miss any of this!
- Promotions – The most up to date credit card, hotel, airline, and car rental promotions
- Credit Cards – A list of my top credit cards for free travel
- Travel Deals – A variety of hotel deals primarily in the US
- Free Money – Compiled list of the American Express sync promotions where you will receive a statement credit at many merchants
- Get a $10 bonus with Starbucks by purchasing a Starbucks Card and registering for the auto-reload option with a Visa credit card. This offer expires tonight.
- There are currently many targeted offers out there – primarily with Starwood, Hilton, and Delta. Make sure to check them out and see if you qualify for any. Unfortunately, I had no luck.
- Through end of day today, Southwest is offering some discounted fares to Denver to celebrate the launch of the new plane Colorado One.
- You can get a $20 statement credit during Boston’s restaurant week. Just spend $100+ at three or more restaurants and use your registered American Express.
- As you are probably well aware by now, the Chase Sapphire Preferred card has upped it’s minimum spend requirement from the short lived $2,000 in 3 months back to $3,000 in 3 months. I’ve been told, however, that the $2,000 minimum spend offer will be back in a few weeks.
- You can still get 35% off select Radisson, Country Inn & Suites, and Park Inn hotels. You must book by September 4 for reservations September 14 through November 14.
- Hyatt has announced their new Fall promotion. While it is nothing to write home about, I guess it is better than nothing. Between September 1 and November 30, get 5,000 bonus points after 5 nights and then 10,000 bonus points for every 5 nights thereafter. You can earn up to 65,000 points and if you have a Hyatt Visa credit card you will get a 20% bonus on the bonus points earned.
- Have any Track It Back stickers that you no longer can use (they went out of business, fyi)? If so, another company called IDstickers.com will trade you their tracking stickers for free.
- If you’ve been to Peru before and have any trip recommendations, make sure to comment on this weeks “Help a Reader Travel” post.
Ways to keep up with Deals We Like Alerts and posts:
- Deal Alert text messages: Once in awhile amazing fares come available that you do not want to miss. These are typically, “Act Now” fares or one day only sales. For example, this week they were sent out due to a phenomenal fare from Philly to London and a 20% off one day sale from JetBlue. You can read this prior post to learn how to sign up.
- Social Media: You can follow me on Twitter or Facebook. For those that already follow me, you are probably aware that I am much more active on Twitter, but I am trying to have more of a presence on Facebook as well. This will help you communicate with me, ask me questions, and find out on the latest blog posts, deal alerts, etc.
- Daily Emails: Subscribe to this site to receive 1 email around 6-7pm EST of all posts from the day. On the right-hand column of the site, you can enter your email address to subscribe. You will then have to verify your subscription through an automated email.
Enjoy the weekend and safe travels!