This post may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners, such as American Express. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here. Additionally, some of the offers on this page may no longer be available through Deals We Like.
I’ve been on away for the the past week and yesterday was a “computer free” day essentially. I missed one day and all these new deals and promotions appeared! So here is a quick recap of some deals/promotions that you might benefit from!
- Free taxi ride in NYC! Reader Joey forwarded me an email that he received from the car service company Uber. It states:
“Introducing UberTaxi NYC. You can now use Uber to request a TAXI – A bold attempt to make NYC’s yellows oh so much more Uber. To celebrate our launch, we’re giving one FREE Uber Taxi ride to every New Yorker! I know, we can’t believe it either.”
Essentially, until Wednesday September 12th, you can get a free taxi ride (up to $25) by using the TAXI option on the Uber app. This is limited to one time per customer. You must first sign up and register for Uber (which I’ve described in detail in this prior blog post), and select the “Request Taxi pick up option here.” All new customers will also receive a $10 credit for registering. With Uber, your credit card is already linked to your account and you will automatically be billed at the end of your ride. A 20% grautity is also included so there is no need to worry about this. Just make sure to not request the luxury Uber black car option, as this is not free! While I read a long newspaper article about NYC implementing this “taxi on demand service” a few weeks ago, I have yet to actually used it. I have, however, used the Uber black car option and it’s worked out pretty well. I do question whether or not this taxi service will actually work, but only time will tell. For now, enjoy the free taxi ride!
- 50,000 bonus points for the Business Gold Rewards Card from American Express! The Business Gold Rewards Card from American Express OPEN credit card offer has been enhanced! New credit card applicants will receive 50,000 bonus points after spending $5,000 on the card in the first 3 months. For the past year or so there has been no promotional bonus points associated with this card, so I am glad to see this card now playing in the big league. Throughout the year, however, we have seen one day offers of 75,000 points, but my assumption is those will not appear while this 50,000 point offer is around. I’ll write more about this offer and the card benefits in a post layer today, so stay tuned!
- Great fares from NYC to LAX/SFO! If you are looking to fly from NYC to Los Angeles or San Francisco (or vice versa), you can snag a flight for $119 each way. These fares seem to be available on many dates through the end of the year on United and Virgin America.
- Double elite qualifying miles on US Airways flights! If you fly the US Airways Shuttle often (which runs between Boston, New York, and Washington, DC), you will earn double PQM miles through October 31st. You must first register for this promotion. Thanks to MJ on Travel for sharing this promotion!
- Rent with Avis or Budget and get up to 5,000 AA bonus miles! This promotion was supposed to end August 31st, but has been extended through September 15th. You can read more about this offer in this prior blog post. Thanks to AAdvantage Geek for sharing this promotion!