This post may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners, such as American Express. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here.
With car rental costs on the rise (or maybe it is just me) I wanted to point out two excellent deals:
Enterprise $9.99 weekend rates
- For participating non-airport locations in the U.S. and Puerto Rico you can get a car rental for $9.99 per day (for Economy and Compact cars; other size cars are slightly higher).
- Valid for Friday through Monday rentals
- 100 miles per day is included
- They will even pick you up and drop you off (talk to them in advance to see their driving distance)
- Valid through May 22, 2013
- Check rates and make reservations here
Hertz $14.99 weekend rates
- For participating airport and non-airport locations in the U.S. (not including NY Metro and HI), Canada, Puerto Rico and Mexico, you can get a car rental for $14.99 per day (for Economy and Compact cars)
- Valid for Thursday (noon) through Monday (noon) rentals
- Unlimited miles
- Valid through January 31, 2013
- Check rates and make reservations here (use RQ code: FRDM)
While the Enterprise rates are clearly better, I was personally able to only utilize the Hertz deal (which was much less then what I was finding elsewhere). Since I am flying into an airport without an off airport location nearby, Hertz was my only option. If you are staying in an area with many Enterprise locations, you can sometimes take a free hotel shuttle to a nearby hotel and request that the off-airport location pick you up at the hotel.