This post may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners, such as American Express. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here.
Here is another American Express statement credit promotion (although might be limiting) where you can get $20 free by using your Amex card at a participating merchant. To celebrate the Shop Small Big Break winners (sponsored by American Express, where a few businesses won $25k), American Express is honoring the cities where those small businesses are located.
There are five winners, thus five local areas represented: Raleigh, Cumming (Georgia), Carol Stream (Illinois), Anaheim, and Staten Island.
How does the $20 statement credit back work? Between September 29 and October 7, spend $20 or more in a single purchase at a qualifying small business in your area to receive a one-time $20 statement credit! All the terms state that it must be an in-store purchase, so not sure yet if any online or over the phone purchases will work. It also looks like you can register for multiple promotions, if you happen to randomly be in those areas within the same week, and as many American Express cards as you have (similar to all other American Express statement credit back promos).
Since this is a spend $20, get $20 back, you really can get $20 for free! This is a one time credit per account, but you can sign up and use multiple Amex Cards for more free money! This is for transactions at small businesses in each local area. I’ve listed the participating merchants on below as well, although with many of the other Amex Shop Small promotions, even if they aren’t on the list, but just a small business, you’ll still get the statement credit – not yet confirmed, but better safe than sorry by just sticking with the list given. You can check out the specific zip codes in the terms at the bottom of each registration link.
Registration is limited, so if you live in one of these areas, sign up quickly before it gets filled.
- Raleigh, North Carolina: Registration link; Participating merchants link
- Local area includes: Raleigh-Durham
- Cumming, Georgia: Registration link; Participating merchants link
- Local area includes: Alpharetta, Cumming, Duluth, Johns Creek, Milton, Roswell, and Suwanee
- Carol Stream, Illinois: Registration link; Participating merchants link
- Local area includes: Addison, Bartlett, Bensonville, Bloomingdale, Carol Stream, Carpentersville, Downers Grove, Elmhurst, Glen Ellyn, Glendale Heights, Hanover Park, Lisle, Lombard, Park Ridge, Roselle, Schaumburg, St. Charles, Villa Park, Warrenville, West Chicago, Wheaton, Winfield and Woodridge
- Anaheim, California: Registration link; Participating merchants link
- Local area includes: Anaheim, Brea, Fullerton, Garden Grove, Placentia and Yorba Linda
- Staten Island, New York: Registration link; Participating merchants link
- Local area includes: Staten Island, NY, select Brooklyn neighborhoods, and Bayonne, NJ
If you live in one of these areas, enjoy your free money! If I have any success with a phone/internet order, I’ll be sure to let you know.