This post may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners, such as American Express. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here.
On Tuesday I announced that Southwest was having a 40% off sale. This is huge for those who are looking to travel during the available dates (11/28-12/12 and 1/7-2/14). The great thing about Southwest is that if you have to cancel, you can get the entire amount paid back in a travel voucher (which expires 12 months from the date the ticket was booked).
I personally have a travel voucher expiring next Summer, so I speculatively booked a flight for Mr. Deals and me knowing that I can always cancel. I only had to put an extra $5 towards the ticket to cover the entire cost. If we decide not to go and cancel I’ll just receive the voucher back in the same form I started with, so no real loss.
Here are the details:
- Flights are available for travel November 28-December 12,2012 and January 7-February 14, 2013.
- Sundays are excluded
- The following city pairs are excluded:
- All travel to/from Ft. Myers, Florida
- Blackout dates include:
- Flights to/from New Orleans: January 17-January 21 and January 31-February 14
- Flights to/from Las Vegas: January 10-January 14, January 17-January 21, and January 31-February 14
- Flights to from Washington Reagan (DCA), Washington Dulles (IAD), and Baltimore (BWI): January 17-January 23
You can book your flight on www.southwest.com using promotional code BIGDEAL40.
Also, many other airlines have been matching this sale, so if Southwest is not your preferred carrier, use kayak.com to see if you can snag a discount on another airline.
Has anyone snagged any of these discounted fares, on Southwest or another airline?