This post may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners, such as American Express. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here. Additionally, some of the offers on this page may no longer be available through Deals We Like.
With the past Wyndham promotion where you earned 16,000 bonus points per stay at a participating hotel, many were planning on transferring those points to a partner airline program instead of actually redeeming them at a Wyndham hotel. I was personally promoting transferring them to Southwest as they would count towards the companion pass, but I know many are anti-Southwest and would prefer to use these miles flying first class around the world.
If you were planning on transferring those points to United, you are in luck. Through November 30, United is running a promotion where you can get bonus points by transferring your hotel points to United miles. This works for any hotel transfer, but I personally wouldn’t recommend it for any of the other chains as you get a horrible value when transferring points to miles. With Wyndham, while it is still not a 1:1 ratio, I know many were primarily looking to take part in the 16,000 point promotion or purchasing Wyndham points during the Amex Daily Getaway promo back in April for the sole fact of transferring those points to miles. With the amount paid for purchasing the points, transferring them to miles actually made sense and gave a great cost per mile value.
With this promotion, you will earn the following bonus miles:
- 5,000-9,999 miles = 1,000 bonus miles
- 10,000-19,999 miles = 2,500 bonus miles
- 20,000-49,99 miles = 5,000 bonus miles
- 50,000+ miles = 15,000 bonus miles
- Marriott: 10,000 points = 2,000 United miles
- Hilton: 10,000 points = 1,000 United miles
- Starwood: 1,600 points = 800 United miles (however, those with no elite status must transfer a minimum of 2,500 points)
- Priority Club: 10,000 points = 2,000 United miles
- Club Carlson: 8,000 points = 1,000 United miles