This post may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners, such as American Express. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here.
It is November, which means my favorite day of the year is coming up – yes, Black Friday (no joke)! For as long as I can remember, I would anxiously wait for this day. When I was young it typically meant my mom was out early buying me all sort of free gifts, but when I got older I was right next to her in line waiting outside of Best Buy with a hat and gloves on at 4am. I’ve never been one of those super crazy ones to camp out all night, but I do love the thrill of the day.
I have to confess though, last year I slept in. I really didn’t need anything and many of the deals were available online with the opportunity to maximize points by going through the best shopping portal. I think it was the first year in many that my mom and I made this crazy decision.
Well I’ve been anxiously waiting for the Black Friday flyers to arrive (you can check out this site for ones already posted) and the Staples one has just been added. Currently, there are a few software purchases available for FREE after in-store and mail-in rebate. If you actually need these purchases that is even better, but many will get them for the 5x points by using a Chase Ink Business credit card. Note: IF you are getting them solely for the points I highly suggest an advocate donating the software to a school, senior center, non-profit, nursing home, etc.
While these purchases are best when you can purchase them online through the Chase Ultimate Rewards shopping portal to fully maximize your points, as of right now I am not sure if they will in fact be available for free online of if this is an in-store only deal. I guess only time will tell.
So if you happen to be near or in a Staples, you can purchase these following items for free. Since Staples is an office supply store you will get 5x points by using one of the four Chase Ink credit cards.
- Quickbooks Online Simple Start 2012: $99.99 – $10 instant savings – $90 mail in rebate = FREE –> if using a Chase Ink card this will give you 450 Ultimate Rewards points
- McAfee Internet Security 2013: $69.99 – $16 instant savings – $54 mail in rebate = FREE –> if using a Chase Ink card this will give you 270 Ultimate Rewards points
- Kaspersky Internet Security: $59.99 – $59.99 easy rebate = FREE –> if using a Chase Ink card this will give you 300 Ultimate Reward points
- Rebate is limited to one per house (per item)
- This is really only worth it if utilizing a Chase Ink Business credit card
- 1,020 Ultimate Reward points is worth about $20, so I do not suggest fully going out of your way for this – I personally will not be taking advantage of this unless I happen to be at a Staples and will then be donating the software
- A mail in rebate (for the first two items) means you actually need to send in the rebate form and receipts; an east rebate allows you to submit the rebate online through Staples rebate website and is extremely easy and preferable