This post may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners, such as American Express. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here. Additionally, some of the offers on this page may no longer be available through Deals We Like.
Happy Saturday!!! As the site was down a majority of yesterday, I was not able to post this weekly recap until today. I do apologize about the constant downtime, but do no that this should be resolved quickly.
On another note, I hope you all had a great week and were able to get on some deals and promotions. As you are well aware by now, every Friday I do a weekly recap post to ensure that you do not miss out on anything from the past 7 days. The following pages also serve as your one-stop-shop to keep up to date on all the deals and promotions available. You do not want to miss any of this!
- Promotions – The most up to date credit card, hotel, airline, and car rental promotions
- Credit Cards – A list of my top credit cards for free travel
- Free Money – Compiled list of the American Express sync promotions where you will receive a statement credit at many merchants
- The Chase Ink Business credit cards have reduced the spend requirements significantly. The new links are now available on Chase’s site, but reports have shown people getting an error when applying. All links (including those that are affiliate links) will be updated next week, so there will be no confusion on which site to apply for.
- For the Chase Ink Bold and Chase Ink Plus, the new bonus will be 50,000 miles after $5,000 spend in three months (currently it is 25,000 miles after your first purchase and another 25,000 miles after you spend $10,000 in in the first three months)
- For the Chase Ink Classic and Chase Ink Cash, the new bonus will be 20,000 miles after $3,000 spend in three months (currently it is 10,000 points after first purchase and an additional 15,000 points after you spend $5,000 within first three months) – if you were already eying this card and are able to meet the $5k spend requirements, then make sure to apply for this card by Monday so you can get the 25k bonus points instead of the 20k bonus points (the 25k offer is only available via the affiliate links, not the application on Chase’s site)
- You can learn more about the four different Chase Ink Business cards on this previous post
- The Chase Freedom Card exclusives program is ending tomorrow. Though who already have the card with the Chase checking account will be grandfathered into this program. New applicants, unfortunately, will not have this benefit. You can learn more about the Chase Freedom exclusives program in this prior blog post.
- American Airlines has announced an AWESOME promotion where you can get double Elite Qualifying Miles (EQMs) / Elite Qualifying Points (EQPs) on all flights through the remainder of the year – this is only valid on American operated flights
- In addition to the double EQMs/EQPs, American is also giving all passengers with status double redeemable miles through the end of the year and those without status only from November 16-26
- Staples Black Friday ad is now available and there are a few free after rebate items
- Many people have had success getting 5% off American Airline flights by using discount code 9612DD – this is valid for American Airline, American Eagle, and American Connection flights through December 31, 2012
- United has discounted their economy award tickets by 20% for flights from the US, Canada, and Alaska to Europe – for flights flown between January 15 and March 13, you can now fly for 48,000 miles roundtrip instead of the typical 60,000 miles (you must book by November 15)
- Although I personally don’t recommend it, you can transfer your American Express Membership Reward points to Virgin America with a 50% bonus
- Get a $25 off coupon code for Southwest flights to Florida – rountrip travel is required and you must make your reservation by January 3, 2013 for travel through February 28, 2013
- Through November 30, you can open up a Citibank checking account and earn up to 30,000 American Airlines AAdvantage miles
- You can earn up to 18,000 US Airways miles by flying the US Airways shuttle which goes between DCA, LGA, and BOS – you will earn 6,000 miles after 3 flights and an additional 12,000 miles after 3 more flights
- A few more American Express statement credit promotions have been added to Facebook in addition to the whole list that I posted last week
Ways to keep up with Deals We Like alerts and posts:
- Deal Alert text messages: Once in awhile amazing fares come available that you do not want to miss. These are typically, “Act Now” fares or one day only sales. Let’s hope for some more great deals! You can read this prior post to learn how to sign up.
- Social Media: You can follow me on Twitter or Facebook. For those that already follow me, you are probably aware that I am much more active on Twitter, but I am trying to have more of a presence on Facebook as well. This will help you communicate with me, ask me questions, and find out on the latest blog posts, deal alerts, etc.
- Daily Emails: Subscribe to this site to receive 1 email around 6-7pm EST of all posts from the day. On the right-hand column of the site, you can enter your email address to subscribe. You will then have to verify your subscription through an automated email.
Enjoy the weekend…