This post may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners, such as American Express. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here.
Amtrak has just announced another elite status level for the even more so frequent travelers. This “Select Executive” status is available to those train riders who earn 20,000 Tier Qualifying Points in a calender year.
Benefits will include:
- 100% tier point bonus on Amtrak® travel
- Select Executive Earned Upgrades
- Unlimited access to ClubAcela®, Amtrak Metropolitan LoungeSM, First class lounges and United Club locations for you and one guest, or your spouse and children under the age of 21
- Unlimited Buy and Share points
- No annual Transfer points limits
- Auto-registration for promotions
- A new priority customer service phone line for Select Executive members
The prior status levels included Select and Select Plus, which have not changed. For Select status you must earn 5,000 Tier Qualifying Points and for Select Plus status earn 10,000 Tier Qualifying points – both within the same calendar year.
Main difference in benefits:
- Bonus points: Select – 25%; Select Plus – 50%; Select Executive – 100%
- Rule buster redemption: Only available for those with Select Plus and Select Executive status – this means that you can redeem your points during a black out period (for those who have tried to redeem points over Thanksgiving, for example, this is huge)
- Buying and sharing point limit: All members receive the same maximum, except for Select Executive elite members