This post may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners, such as American Express. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here. Additionally, some of the offers on this page may no longer be available through Deals We Like.
There have been a slew of deals over the past few days that I want to quickly mention so you do not miss out!
- American Airlines new logo. American Airlines has officially announced their new logo. I personally like it, but I know many aren’t a fan. I started a Twitter poll and will be sharing the results later today, so feel free to join in and vote! You can see the new logo and a quick video here.
- Sell $200 worth of gift cards at Plastic Jungle and get a $20 credit. Through January 19, sell at least $200 of gift cards and you’ll receive a $20 credit to use of future plastic jungle credits. When I originally saw this I immediately assumed I’d sell my Staples gift cards I got through this amazing staples/mastercard/visa deal (now over), BUT Plastic Jungle only pays up to 73% of the gift card value, while Cardpool.com will give you 85% of the value. So for me this is no deal at all, but check it out for your particular gift card you are trying to sell. Thanks to DansDeals for sharing this!
- Delta’s new status requirements for 2014. Starting January 1, 2014, to earn status on Delta you also must spend a certain threshold of money IN ADDITION to meeting the already existing qualifying miles/segments. Now, if you have a Delta credit card and spend $25,000 a year on the card you are exempt from this, which is a lot of money to spend! The amount of money you must spend with Delta to earn status is the following: 1) Silver: $2,500; 2) Gold: $5,000; 3) Platinum: $7,500; 4) Diamond: $15,00. Now, my opinion is that this is pretty reasonable, that a person who flies enough to earn this status will be able to hit these minimum dollar requirements (called Medallion Qualification Dollars). This will, however, discourage those who earn status on super cheap mileage runs. Thanks to The Points Guy for sharing this!
- $10 off $50 Mastercard gift cards at Office Max. Through January 19, purchase two $50 Mastercards and get $10 off EACH one.Now, each card does come with a $4.95 activation fee, so you are netting $5.05 free per card. This is great if you are looking to purchase a gift for someone and didn’t want to pay the extra $5, OR if you are looking to meet minimum spend on a card. You can then use these Mastercard gift cards later on for your everyday spend or liquidate them through Amazon Payments (which I do ALL the time to get rid off Visa/Amex/Mastercard gift cards). Many have also had success re-purchasing the Mastercard Gift cards with their already purchase gift cards. Meaning they were just putting out $90 total and depending on how many times you re-purchase, you’ll end up with X amount of free money. I personally do not have the time or an Office Max even close by to think about doing this. Thanks to The Frequent Miler for sharing this!
- US Airways offering 100% bonus on purchased miles. This seems to be a targeted promotion that is only available to those who purchased miles in 2012. I personally did not purchase any miles last year so do not see the 100% bonus offer, but if you enter your name and Dividend miles here, you will see if you are eligible for this promotion. You can learn more about the advantages of purchasing US Airways miles in this prior blog post. Thanks to View from the Wing for sharing this!