This post may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners, such as American Express. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here.
JetBlue just announced a new promotion for 2013 where fliers can earn 5,000 bonus points after flying three round-trip (or six-one) paid flights in 2013.
When you click on the terms in their promotional page, nothing appears, but I was able to find out some information by asking JetBlue via twitter.
- You do NOT need to register – which is great!
- All flights starting January 1, 2013 count
- This promotion goes for the entire year, until December 31, 2013!
- It does not matter when you booked your flight, if you booked prior to the promotional period, that is totally fine (unlike many other JetBlue promos)
- You can only earn the 5k bonus once (this is an update from what was originally posted on the blog, JetBlue Twitter gave me the incorrect info originally)
Also, remember that the Jet Blue Flight Week promotion this week for select flights to/from NYC for 80% off will count towards this promotion, so that is a double-dip in the deal world!
While 5,000 points is nothing to write home about, there are times when JetBlue offers one- or two-day specials where one-way flights can go for as little 5,000 points. I’d value the 5,000 points as half of the points needed for your average one-way ticket.
Thanks to The Wandering Aramean for sharing this promotion!