As you might remember, last week Hyatt changed some of their hotel redemption categories, some going up a category and others going down a category. Of course, if you didn’t book by the February 6th date and the hotel you are looking to redeem at has gone up a category you are out of luck. But, if you booked a hotel pre-February 6th and your hotel has gone down a category, you can get points back for your upcoming stay.
All you need to do is call up Hyatt Gold Passport, let them know of your upcoming reservation and that the number of points have gone down and they will change the reservation to the lower point category and more points will appear back into your account within a few minutes!
Here is a list of the hotels that went down a category where you can get points back for upcoming stays:
- Hyatt Place Chantilly/Dulles Airport-South: Went from a category 2 to category 1
- Hyatt Place Tulsa/Southern Hills: Went from a category 2 to category 1
- Hyatt Place Sterling/Dulles Airport-North: Went from a category 2 to category 1
- Hyatt Regency Albuquerque: Went from a category 2 to category 1
- Hyatt Regency Greenville: Went from a category 2 to category 1
- HYATT house Chicago/Naperville/Warrenville: Went from a category 3 to a category 2
- Hyatt Place Las Vegas: Went from a category 3 to a category 2
- Hyatt Regency Oubaai Golf Resort and Spa: Went from a category 4 to a category 3
- Park Hyatt Toronto: Went from a category 5 to a category 4
- Park Hyatt Aviara Resort: Went from a category 6 to a category 5
Editorial Note: Opinions, analyses, reviews or suggestions expressed in this article are those of the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any card issuer.