This post may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners, such as American Express. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here.
The Chase Freedom credit card is fairly popular with it’s 5% cash back rotating categories. Many people will strategically maximize the $1,500 spend limit during the quarterly category and possibly not use it for any other purchases throughout the year.
Originally, the 2013 5% cash back categories included:
- January-March: Gas Stations, Drugstores, Starbucks
- April-June: Restaurants and Movie theaters
- July-September: Gas stations, Theme Parks, Kohl’s
- October-December: Amazon.com, Select department stores
However, as of yesterday, they have added on Lowe’s as an additional category for the April – June time period (Q2). This could help many families as purchases at Lowe’s can be quite expensive, and if you own a home you might frequent Lowe’s often. If you aren’t planning on shopping at Lowe’s during this time frame, but make purchases there throughout the year, you can also buy Lowe’s gift cards at the store that will count towards the 5% cash back limit.
- Introduction to Chase Ultimate Rewards Program
- Maximizing Chase Ultimate Rewards with Chase Freedom
- Downgrading your Chase Ultimate Rewards Card to Avoid the Annual Fee
- Best Redemption for Chase Ultimate Reward Points – Hotel Stays
- Best Redemption for Chase Ultimate Reward Points – Air Travel
- Chase Sapphire Preferred vs. Chase Sapphire
- Chase Ultimate Rewards: Sapphire Preferred vs. Ink Bold
- Top 10 Chase Ultimate Reward Questions