This post may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners, such as American Express. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here.
Hope you all had a great week and were able to get on some deals and promotions. Typically this email is sent out on Fridays, but the intensity of March Madness kept me occupied and away from my computer for a few days – and yes, my bracket is doing horrible like everyone else’s.
Back to the blog updates though, as you are well aware by now, at the end of every week I do a weekly recap post to ensure that you do not miss out on anything from the past 7 days.
The following pages also serve as your one-stop-shop to keep up to date on all the deals and promotions available. You do not want to miss any of this!
- Promotions – The most up to date credit card, hotel, airline, and car rental promotions
- Credit Cards – A list of my top credit cards for free travel
- Free Money – Compiled list of the American Express sync promotions where you will receive a statement credit at many merchants
- You can get 20% off a Southwest flight between April 3 and June 8 with the individualized promotion code you received in your email (or if you did not receive an email, you can still sign up to get one) – you must book by Monday March 25th
- Southwest is offering 15% off a few select travel gift cards when redeeming your points – still not the best deal, but might be worth it for those with Southwest points that will go unused
- Amtrak is offering 42% off companion tickets for tickets purchased by April 14 for travel April 11-May 22
- Hilton has announced their Q2 April through June promotion where you can get 1,000 bonus points for every weekday and 2,000 bonus points for every weekend – you can also register now!
- Both American Airlines and British Airways are offering 20,000 bonus points for every First, Business, and select Economy class transatlantic tickets through May 15th – after 5 roundtrips you’ll earn an extra 100,000 bonus points for a total of 200,000 bonus points!
- American Express has announced that their Daily Getaway sale will be returning again this year in June!
- You can get 5,000 US Airways bonus miles for every 3 New York – DC – Boston shuttle flight – this is valid through May 31
- You can earn up to 4,500 United miles by signing up with Allstate Insurance
- Through May 18th you can get double points with Amtrak train travel
- Southwest Airlines is offering 1,000 bonus points (worth $16.67) for every one-way trip you take by August 1st to the following five destinations Charlotte, Flint, Portland Maine, Rochester, San Juan (like all other Southwest promotions, you MUST register prior to booking your flight)
Ways to keep up with Deals We Like alerts and posts:
- Deal Alert text messages: Once in awhile amazing fares come available that you do not want to miss. These are typically, “Act Now” fares or one day only sales. Let’s hope for some more great deals! You can read this prior post to learn how to sign up.
- Social Media: You can follow me on Twitter or Facebook. For those that already follow me, you are probably aware that I am much more active on Twitter, but I am trying to have more of a presence on Facebook as well. This will help you communicate with me, ask me questions, and find out on the latest blog posts, deal alerts, etc.
- Daily Emails: Subscribe to this site to receive 1 email around 6-7pm EST of all posts from the day. On the right-hand column of the site, you can enter your email address to subscribe. You will then have to verify your subscription through an automated email.
Enjoy the weekend and safe travels!