The $20 gift card deal for new signups has expired, but they seem to run similar promotions quite often so stay tuned.
Last week I posted about a semi new site I came across called Plink.com where you can earn points by shopping in store at select merchants. Through today, newly registered members will receive 2,000 Plink points (worth $20) by making a $20+ in store purchase at either the Gap or Old Navy.
Now, the offer gets slightly better as well because after I signed up this past week, I received an email from Plink letting me know of another bonus that for every $25 spent at the Gap or Old Navy, you’d receive 1,000 Plink points (worth $10). I emailed Plink asking them if these two promotions and they said Yes. So ultimately, if you spend $25 (in the same transaction with your registered card in store) you will earn 3,000 Plink points (worth $30). This means that you’ll get $25 of free merchandise plus an extra $5 on the gift card. I do not know if the 2nd promotion is targeted, but it did seem open to all members – I am not 100% sure though.
How this works:
- Sign up for Plink
- Link your credit card to your Plink account - I know many do not trust this concept so the choice is yours
- Add both the Gap and Old Navy to your Plink Wallet account
- Shop IN STORE at the Gap or Old Navy by April 14th (Sunday) and spend $20 or more in a single transaction on your registered credit card and earn 2,000 points (for new people registering under this promotion only!), also
- Shop IN STORE at the Gap or Old Navy by April 14th (Sunday) and for every $25 spent in a single transaction, earn 1,000 points (I cannot guarantee that this is not a targeted promotion if you did not receive the email)
The terms state that you will earn the points on April 18th. At this point you can cash out those points for a $20 gift card for the following: iTunes, Tango card (which can then be redeemed at many merchants such as: Target, Home Depot, Pottery Barn and REI, etc.), Amazon.com, Walmart, Kohl’s, Barnes & Nobles, Overstock.com, and Zappos.
There is an option to cash out on airline miles, but as the CMO of Plink wrote in the comments section, it a horrible redemption value. Here are the redemption values for miles/points
- 1000 Plink Points = 240 airline miles/loyalty program points
- 2500 Plink Points = 600 airline miles/loyalty points
- 5000 Plink Points = 1200 airline miles/loyalty points
- 10,000 Plink Points = 2400 airline miles/loyalty points
So the 2,000 points will get you 480 miles. Most would say that 480 miles is worth about $9.60, but it really depends on how you redeem. Unless you are able to get 5 cents per mile out of your airline redemption, I’d absolutely go with the gift card redemption!
Also, I was able to create another using a different email address (for a family member) and link it up to one of my credit cards even though it has the same billing address. The only thing is that you cannot use two of the same banks – for example, you cannot use two Chase cards.
If you signed up last week under a personal referral link, you will not get the points. You need to either a) sign up for a new account, or b) email customer service referencing this blog “Deals We Like” and let them know you’d like to be registered for the $20 gap/old nay promo. Let me know if you have questions.
Note: You must sign up with the specific promotion link to be eligible for the $20 gift card – personal referral links will not work, unfortunately.
Editorial Note: Opinions, analyses, reviews or suggestions expressed in this article are those of the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any card issuer.