This post may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners, such as American Express. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here. Additionally, some of the offers on this page may no longer be available through Deals We Like.
This was originally posted a few weeks back, but since it seemed to be such a hit, I wanted to make sure to repost as TODAY, June 5, 2013 is the last day to get on this deal. Uber runs promotions quite often through many of the deal a day sites, but not as good as this promotion listed below, IMO. Also, make sure to read my post from last week on “How to Maximize Earning Uber Credits“
Update: Unfortunately by the time I wrote this post this morning and actually posted it , the number of free credits gilt city was giving away has reached it’s maximum. You can still add yourself to the wait list though to see what happens.
This is probably the best Uber credit offer I’ve seen so far. This offer is through the deal-a-day site Gilt City but does NOT require you to purchase a “deal” they really are giving away this purchase for FREE. Unfortunately though, like all other Uber deals, it is for new members only. With the referral $10 sign up bonus though, this is really $35 of Uber credit for free!
By this point, I probably sound like a broken record, but, Uber is an “On-demand car service that allows everyone to have a private driver experience through iPhone, SMS, and web based requests.” It is less expensive than a car service, but slightly more expensive than a yellow cab. Your credit card is stored in your account so there is no exchange of money at the end of the ride. A 20% gratuity is automatically added as well. Cars are extremely new/clean and the company will even text you with the drivers name for extra security.
- $25 in credits for FREE
- Redeem by: Thursday, August 22, 2013
- Limit one voucher per member
- For new Uber clients only
- Credits do not expire but must be activated by August 22, 2013
- Offer is final sale and nonrefundable
How to get this free deal (and make sure to pay attention as it is two-fold):
- Now, for new Uber members, which you all must be to jump on the first deal, you can get a free $10 in credit just by signing up! This sign up must come from an existing member (the referrer receives a $10 credit as well after you take your first Uber trip).
- Via Gilt City purchase the $25 credit. As mentioned, this is is for new Uber customers only. Do not be surprised if it takes about 20 minutes to receive the voucher email. (If you are new to Gilt City and sign up through a referral link you’ll receive 25% off your first purchase of $30 or more; the referrer will also receive a code that gives them 25% off to be used within 2 weeks – by no means a great referral program! But feel free to use my referral link or post your own in the comments section). This purchase does NOT qualify for the referral promotion.
To ensure you are able to get credits from a referral and the Gilt City free promotion I went through this process myself with another email address and it worked. To do this you must FIRST sign up for Uber using the referral link and then enter the Gilt City voucher code you receive in the “Promotions” box after signing into your Uber account. DO NOT click the Uber sign up link that is given in the voucher email from Gilt City.
Also, if you use Uber often enough, sync your American Express card with Uber and get $10 back as a statement credit with a $30+ Uber purchase. While the $30 must be used in a single ride, you can purchase an Uber gift card for $50 and this will trigger the statement credit. If your ride is using credits, it will NOT count. Read more about this promotion here.