This post may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners, such as American Express. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here. Additionally, some of the offers on this page may no longer be available through Deals We Like.
While getting a slew of points is great for signing up for a card, one of the major benefits of the Southwest Airlines credit card is that the the bonus points earned from the credit card sign up bonus along with the points from meeting the minimum spend requirement count towards the companion pass. You need 110,000 points in a calendar year to earn this companion pass so getting two cards will get you very close!
So here are all the prior posts explaining the nitty gritty details you need to know about the Companion Pass:
- What is a Southwest Airlines Companion Pass?
- How to Earn a Southwest Airlines Companion Pass
- Getting Two Southwest Credit Cards to Count Towards the Companion Pass
- Earning Partner Points to Count Towards the Companion Pass
- Transferring Chase Ultimate Reward Points to Southwest for Companion Pass Status
- Getting the Southwest Airlines Companion Pass for 2014 and 2015 Calendar Year
- Using the Southwest Airlines Companion Pass on Southwest and AirTran flights
- Changing your Companion with the Southwest Airlines Companion Pass
- Top 20 Questions for the Southwest Airlines Companion Pass
I’ve had the companion pass for many years (I think it has been 7 years and still going strong) so feel free to ask any questions you have! Two years ago I renewed my companion pass status by applying for one personal and one business version of the card. I personally have saved thousands of dollars by having this pass. I’ve had my mom, sister, husband, and friends all fly for free while traveling with me!
There are a total of four Southwest Airlines credit cards. The sign up bonus for all four count towards the companion pass. There are two personal and two business versions of the cards. The Plus version is a $69 annual fee and at each anniversary of card membership you’ll earn 3,00 points. The Premier version has a $99 annual fee and at each anniversary of card membership you’ll earn 6,000 points.
Credit card to help earn the companion pass: As mentioned previously, there are three different Southwest cards – ALL of them have the same bonus offer after meeting the minimum spend requirements, but different annual fees and annual bonuses. You can view all three cards and the differences in this prior blog post. You can learn more about all Airline credit card offers here.
Disclosure: This post contains some affiliate links. Thanks for supporting the blog and enjoy traveling on a deal!