This post may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners, such as American Express. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here. Additionally, some of the offers on this page may no longer be available through Deals We Like.
UPDATE: This offer has expired. You can see the current credit card offers here.
The Southwest Airlines credit card offer for 50,000 points after meeting the minimum spend requirements of $2,000 within the first three months was set to expire last week – October 30, 2013. The following day I noticed that the landing page was still up offering the same 50,000 promo. Typically the normal offer is 25,000 points after meeting the minimum spend requirements, so I was glad to see the promotion still available. I reached out to my contacts to find out if this was done in error and was told that the offer has in fact been extended. I am not sure of the new expiration date and the application page has not yet been updated.
So if you meant to apply for the Southwest credit card offer and thought you missed the boat, there is still time. Remember, this offer counts towards the Southwest Airlines Companion pass, which in my opinion is one of the best domestic airlines offers available.
You can read more about the offer here along with detailed series of the Southwest program and the Companion Pass.
Southwest Airlines Rapid Rewards blog series:
- Earning and Redeeming Southwest Rapid Reward Points
- Earning Status with Southwest and the Benefits
- Changing and Canceling a Southwest Ticket
- Earning the Southwest Companion Pass
Southwest Airlines Companion Pass blog series (related post):
- What is a Southwest Airlines Companion Pass?
- How to Earn a Southwest Airlines Companion Pass
- Getting Two Southwest Credit Cards to Count Towards the Companion Pass
- Earning Partner Points to Count Towards the Companion Pass
- Transferring Chase Ultimate Reward Points to Southwest for Companion Pass Status
- Getting the Southwest Airlines Companion Pass for 2014 and 2015 Calendar Year
- Using the Southwest Airlines Companion Pass on Southwest and AirTran flights
- Changing your Companion with the Southwest Airlines Companion Pass
- Top 20 Questions for the Southwest Airlines Companion Pass
Southwest Credit Card to help earn the companion pass: You can apply for the Southwest card here. There are four cards in total, two personal and two business versions, with the main differences being that the cards have different annual fees and bonus points after each year. ALL of them have the same bonus offer after meeting the minimum spend requirements.
When I earned my companion pass it was due to applying for one personal and one business Southwest credit card. The terms still state that you can get the bonus for one personal and one business card, “Note: the bonus may be earned on one first-time personal and one first-time business Southwest Airlines Rapid Rewards Credit Card new account.”
Let me know if you have any questions!
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. As my goal for you is to travel on a deal, this is one of my personal favorites!