This post may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners, such as American Express. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here. Additionally, some of the offers on this page may no longer be available through Deals We Like.
Although I personally do not value my Hilton points, I must admit they have the best mid-tier status level and make it incredibly easy to get. While top level status (Diamond) is always nice, Hilton has great perks at the Gold level – for example, free internet, complimentary breakfast for you and a guest (which I highly value), and the possibility to gain access to the club lounge (although not guaranteed).
With the old fashion method, to earn Gold status you must meet one of the three requirements:
- Nights: 40
- Stays: 20
- Base Points: 75,000
Luckily though, Hilton has made it very easy to earn Gold status without actually having to meet those requirements. Here is a list of the various ways:
- Hilton branded credit card:
- Citi® Hilton HHonorsTM Reserve Card – Automatic yearly Gold status
- Hilton HHonors Surpass Card from American Express – Automatic yearly Gold status (this is a new perk to the card as of November 10, 2013 – thank you to View from the Wing for announcing this)
- Hilton HHonors Card from American Express – Earn yearly status after spending $20,000 on the card each calendar year
- American Express Platinum Cardholder – Request Hilton Gold status by December 31, 2013. Gold status will be tied to your account through 2014. Related blog post
- Milepoint Membership – $49 Milepoint membership comes with automatic Hilton Gold status. Related blog post
- Fast Track Promotion – Stay 4 times within 90 days on enrolling and earn Gold status. Related blog post
If you are new to the Hilton loyalty program, you can check out this prior blog series to learn more:
- Introduction to a new Hilton Credit Card – Citi® Hilton HHonorsTM Reserve Card
- Hilton Credit Card Comparison
- Earning Status with Hilton
- What does Hilton Status Get You?
- Understanding the Double-dip Options
- Utilizing Hilton GLON Awards
- Utilizing Hilton AXON Awards
- GLON vs. AXON – Which One is Better?
Enjoy your Hilton Gold status!
Disclosure: This post contains an affiliate links. Thanks for supporting the blog and enjoy traveling on a deal!