This post may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners, such as American Express. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here. Additionally, some of the offers on this page may no longer be available through Deals We Like.
Earlier today I posted about a 20% off Living Social promotion code that is available today only. Within the post I mentioned that there was a deal for a $50 Shaper Image voucher for $25 (with promo code would be $20). I also mentioned that the Living Social deal could be combined with the Amex Sync offer that is giving you $25 back as a statement credit with a $125+ purchase at SharperImage.com.
Fortunately though, other commenters posted on some additional ways to save on this Sharper Image deal. Ultimately you can get a $185ish item (depends on tax in your city) for $100.
- First, purchase the Living Social Deal and use coupon code GIFT20. This will cost you $20 for a $50 voucher. You will receive your voucher redemption code within a few minutes.
- Second, go to TopCashBack.com and search for The Sharper Image. Click on the “Get Cashback Now” option which is advertising 12% cash back. No where in the terms does it state that it cannot be combined with a coupon code.
- Search through Sharper Image and add the items you want to purchase to your card.
- During checkout, apply the coupon code WELCOME10 which will give you 10% off your purchase. There are other coupon codes as well depending on what you ultimately end up spending, but the 10% off one should give you the most (other codes are: AFF10 – $10 off $100; AFF15 – $15 off $150; AFF30 – $30 off $250; AFFRSHIP – free shipping with $50+ purchase)
- Copy and paste your LivingSocial voucher to the gift certificates field. This will take off $50 from your order. Unfortunately, only one gift certificate can be applied per order.
- Use your synced American Express credit card and if your final payment is $125 or more, you will get a $25 statement credit (learn more here). Remember, Amex has no idea if you used a coupon code, voucher, anything, the system just triggers the statement credit if the amount charged to your card was $125 or more. So you must spend $125 after the 10% off code and $50 LivingSocial voucher.
So let’s say you purchase a $184.99 item, you will ultimately pay:
- $185 – 10% off using code WELCOME10 = $166.49
- Plus shipping and handling of $10.95 = $177.44
- Minus the $50 Living Social certificate = $127.44
- You will then get 12% cash back on the price of the item which was $185, so getting $22.20 back, thus bringing your total to = $105.24
- And since your purchase on your Amex was over $125, you’ll receive a $25 statement credit, so you are now at = $80.24
- But, you did pay $20 for the Living Social deal = $100.24
So for a $184.99 item (or combined items) you got $84.75 off! A 46% discount! Of course this works best when you use exact numbers and your percentage off will differ based on your exact purchase price since some of the coupon codes are fixed and not a percentage off.
Some things to keep in mind though:
- You might be charged sales tax depending on where you live
- Shipping price can change depending on your purchase
- You can get additional cash back/points/miles by purchasing your Living Social voucher through an online shopping portal: Ebates and Mr. Rebates offers 4% cash back, American Airlines 3 miles per dollar spent, Discover 10% cash back, and Ultimate Rewards 5 points per dollar spent.
- The 20% off LivingSocial coupon expires today (11/20/13)
There’s a bunch of travel items at Sharper Image which you can check out here. Keep in mind though that sometimes you can get Sharper Image items at a slightly cheaper price at Marshall’s/TJMaxx or elsewhere online/store, so make sure to do your due diligence before purchasing.
Anyone find any additional savings?!