This post may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners, such as American Express. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here. Additionally, some of the offers on this page may no longer be available through Deals We Like.
This is a reminder that the $15 free Best Buy gift card for a $100+ purchase ends today. This promotion coupled with the Amex Sync promotion (which doesn’t expire till 12/31/13) will ultimately give you $70 in free Amazon credits (or $70 for free at Best Buy).
Most people know that you can purchase Kindle gift cards at Best Buy. Kindle gift cards can then be used for anything on Amazon.com just the same way a regular Amazon gift card would be used.
There are currently two promotions at Best Buy:
- Spend $250+ with your synced Amex card and get a $25 statement credit (read more here)
- Spend $100+ at Best Buy and get a $15 Best Buy gift card (ends December 28, 2013)
The terms of the 2nd promotion state: “Gift card good toward future purchase. Limit one $15 Best Buy Gift Card for this offer per person per day. Valid only at Best Buystores in the U.S.A.; Offer may vary on BestBuy.com . Offer not available in Puerto Rican stores, at Best Buy Express kiosks and for items sold in Pacific Sales/Pacific Kitchen & Home or Magnolia Design Centers inside Best Buy stores. $100 total purchase to receive the $15 Best Buy Gift Card excludes purchase of Best Buy Gift cards, taxes and prior purchases. This offer is not valid with other coupons, offers or price match requests. Valid 12/26/13-12/28/13.”
The terms only state that you cannot purchase Best Buy Gift cards, it does not state that you cannot purchase other merchant gift cards. It also does not state that you cannot use a gift card to make your $100 purchase.
How to maximize these two promotions:
- Purchase a $250 Best Buy gift card. This will trigger the $25 Amex statement credit. Just make sure to sync your card in advance (the twitter hashtag is #AmexBestBuy). This promotion is for in-store or online purchases, but I am not 100% sure that eGift cards will trigger the statement credit. I know the traditionally purchased gift cards online will, but it will take some time for the cards to arrive in the mail. You can purchase the gift card in-store and that will trigger the $25 statement credit as well. You never know, the cashier also might grant you the $15 Best Buy gift card, let me know if you have success!
- Purchase 3 $100 Kindle gift cards. You must do this in separate transactions per the terms and conditions. While it does state one per person per day, if your Best Buy is anything like mine there are a million cashiers, so get back in line! With each $100 Kindle gift card you should receive a $15 Best Buy gift card. Report your success!
- With your $45 earned Best Buy gift card purchase a $50 Kindle gift card. Kindle gift cards can only be purchased in $50 increments, so you will need to fork over $5.
You’ve now spent $305 total and have received an $350 in Kindle gift cards (thus Amazon.com gift cards) and a $25 statement credit. So in reality you’ve spent $280 for $350 in Amazon.com credit – $70 in free Amazon.com money (or a 20% off savings on your Amazon.com purchases!). This is great for those who frequently make purchases on Amazon.com!
Some caveats to this deal:
- I have not yet tried this out (I am hanging out on the beach on vacation and no Best Buy right here!), so cannot guarantee that the Best Buy stores will give a $15 Best Buy credit for purchasing Kindle gift cards. They should though since the terms do not exclude it!
- You MUST sync your Amex card first to the Best Buy promotion or else you will not receive the $25 statement credit. The Best Buy Amex Sync promotion expires December 31, 2013 as an FYI.
- The Amazon Sync promotion is limited to one per sync card, but you can sync multiple cards! Read here to learn more about syncing multiple Amex cards to Twitter
- The $15 in Best Buy gift cards for your $100 purchase expires December 28, 2013 and is for in-store purchases only!
Let me know your success!