This post may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners, such as American Express. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here. Additionally, some of the offers on this page may no longer be available through Deals We Like.
First off, Happy New Year to everyone! I wish everyone a happy and healthy 2014. 2013 was a great year for me from a personal standpoint. Although I didn’t travel much at all, I received the greatest gift of all – a baby girl. We just took our first family vacation together and I am looking forward to traveling more in 2014.
Also, thank you to everyone reading this. I love being able to help all of my loyal followers. Thanks for your support. Let’s hope that 2014 is filled with a bunch of deals as well!
Here is the best from 2013:
- Delta domestic mistake fare. I unfortunately missed out on this one last week and am still so sad about it. Congrats to all those flying for super cheap!
- United domestic mistake fare. I also missed out on this one over the summer when there was a short 20ish minute glitch where customers only had to pay tax.
- $130ish flights to Milan. This was a great opportunity for those flying from NYC to Italy. There were also cheap fares to other cities throughout Europe, but Milan was the ultimate cheap fare. I booked two of these tickets for my parents. Blog Post
- JetBlue’s last minute cheap fares from NYC. When the temperature in Central Park rose above 90 degrees, JetBlue was offering some ridiculously discounted fares. Blog Post
- JetBlue offering 25% off all flights! When the system failed with the JetBlue NYC deal, JetBlue offered 25% off their fares. Blog Post
- JetBlue offering 80% off last minute fares from NYC. A five day “Flight Week” sale for flights from NYC to various cities around the US. Blog Post
- Companions flying for free on Southwest. The Southwest companion pass was available again this year with the two credit card sign up promotion. This is still one of the best deals for domestic travel in my opinion. Blog Post
- American Express’s Sync promotions. By far one of my best non-travel deals this year. This quarter especially I’ve received hundreds of dollars for free! Blog Post
- Club Carlson credit card. The introduction of this credit card was great for those who earned hundreds of thousands of Club Carlson points over the past few year. This card has one of the best benefits with your last night free when redeeming your hotel points. Stay two nights and you only pay for one! Blog Post
- Vanilla Reloads. Still widely available at CVS locations and still providing to be a cheap way to earn points! Blog Post
- Starwood and Delta’s partnership. A great way to earn SPG points while flying Delta, and earn Delta miles while staying at Starwood hotels. Blog Post
- Club Carlson purchase points flash sale. Week long opportunity to purchase Club Carlson points with a 75% bonus. Blog Post
I am sure there are many that I’ve missed as well. Feel free to comment below with some of your great deals and travel finds from this year.