In just a few days (January 9, 2014 to be exact) you will be able to earn SPG points for all stays are participating Caesar Hotels and Resorts. Additionally, those that are part of the Caesars Total Rewards program will earn credit for SPG stays. Not only will you earn points for your paid stay, you will also be able to redeem your Starwood points for free nights! This is a great partnership for many, especially those looking to travel out to Vegas as Starwood hotel options are limited.
Some things to know:
- The maximum amount of points you can earn per year is 100,000 points
- Your SPG account must be set to earn points, not miles
- You can earn up to 10 nights towards SPG elite status
- You will earn 2 points per dollar spent at Caesar hotels
Unfortunately though, being a Starwood member (Gold or Platinum status) will not be recognized at Caesar hotels and you will not receive any of the additional perks (extra points, upgraded room, free wifi, etc.). But being able to earn points and night credit is great!
As of right now, the redemption rates for redeeming for a free night is not available, but I am assuming they’ll be available soon. You also must enroll yourself in this partnership program. You will begin receiving benefits you are eligible for 48 hours after you complete the registration process.
Participating Caesar hotels include:
- Bally’s Atlantic City, NJ
- Bally’s Las Vegas, NV
- Caesars Atlantic City, NJ
- Caesars Palace Las Vegas, NV
- Flamingo Las Vegas, NV
- Harrah’s Atlantic City, NJ
- Harrah’s Lake Tahoe, NV
- Harrah’s Las Vegas, NV
- Harrah’s New Orleans, LA
- Harrah’s Reno, NV
- Harvey’s Lake Tahoe, NV
- Nobu Hotel at Caesars Palace, NV
- Paris Las Vegas, NV
- Planet Hollywood Las Vegas, NV
- The Quad Las Vegas, NV
- Rio Las Vegas, NV
- Showboat Atlantic City, NJ
Editorial Note: Opinions, analyses, reviews or suggestions expressed in this article are those of the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any card issuer.