This post may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners, such as American Express. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here. Additionally, some of the offers on this page may no longer be available through Deals We Like.
By now you all know what Uber is right? Here is how you can triple dip:
- If you are new to Uber, you can currently get $20 in free credit by signing up through a referral link (typically it is $10, but through January 20, 2014 they are doubling the referral credit – for both the referrer and referee). As long as you sign up by this date, you will receive the $20 in credits.
- Through Groupon, you can purchase $25 in Uber credit for $5, thus giving you $20 for free. This is for first time users only. This credit expires in 120 days.
- Then you can add code NYBG20 and you will get 20% off your fare! One caveat with this is that it might only be valid in NYC. This code expires 01/26/14 03:15:52pm PST and will give you a maximum of $20 off your ride.
Steps on combining all three promotions (make sure to pay attention and follow the correct order):
- For new Uber members, which you all must be to take advantage of promo #1 and #2, you must first sign up through a referral link from an existing member.
- Via Groupon purchase the $25 credit for $5. As mentioned, this is is for new Uber customers only. After you signed up for an account using the referral link, enter the Groupon voucher code you receive in the “Promotions” box after signing into your Uber account. DO NOT click the Uber sign up link that is given in the voucher email from Groupon.
- Then, again in the “Promotions” box, enter code NYBG20.
If you have no need for an Uber right now, you can always sign up through the referral link as this will guarantee you $20 in referral credits (which does not expire!) and then hold out for a better first time user promotion to come along (like the Groupon one). The $20 in free credit for a new user is pretty standard, although there are times when this can easily be $25 or $30.
Also, make sure to go through an online shopping portal when making your Groupon purchase. This will earn you extra points, miles, or cash back!