This post may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners, such as American Express. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here.
There was just a slew of new hotel promotions announced, so here is a recap of the current promotions for Hyatt, Marriott, Club Carlson, InterContinental Hotel Groups, and Starwood. Hilton’s current promotion ends January 31, 2014, so we should probably see another one being announced sometime in February for maybe a March 1 start date (my best guess). So here you go:
Hyatt’s “Endless Possibilities” Promotion:
- Dates: January 15 through April 30, 2014
- Promotion: Register for one of two offers – 1) After every 5 nights, earn a free night (capped at a category 4 hotel) which must be redeemed by July 31, 2014, can earn up to 4 free nights; or 2) Earn bonus points will every 5 nights stayed:
- Registration link: Must register for one of the two promotions by March 31, 2014 and you cannot change your decision after you register; Free nights registration link; Bonus points registration link
- My thoughts: If you are able to max out this promotion, you can essentially earn 4 free nights (capped at a cat 4 hotel) or 50,000 points. A category 4 night is currently equivalent to 15,000 points, so 4 of them can be compared to 60,000 points. I personally would opt for the 50,000 points to give me some flexibility on redemption options. However, if you are only going to stay 5 nights, for example, I’d select the free night option over the 5,000 points. Before you register, I suggest figuring out what the next 3.5 months will look like in terms of Hyatt stays. Blog Post
Marriott’s “Megabonus” Promotion:
- Dates: February 1 through April 30, 2014
- Promotion: Targeted promotion for each account. Some examples include stay twice, get a free night capped at a category 4 hotel, up to two free nights (expire 1 year from when they are earned), or stay 20 nights get 35,000 points plus an additional 10,000 points if you stay another 5 nights.
- Registration link: You must register by March 31, 2014. If it takes you to “Session Timed Out” page, make sure to sign into your Marriott account and re-click on the registration link.
- My thoughts: This promotion really depends on your stay patterns and your particular targeted promotion. Even though the free nights are capped at a category 4 or 5 hotel, I am typically able to find great value in them. Also, in the past, members were able to call Marriott and get moved to another promotion. Sometimes folks are able to get their offered changed, so if you would prefer a different offer call Marriott and inquire about another offer. Blog Post
InterContinental Hotel Groups” The Big Win” Promotion
- Dates: January 1, 2014 through April 30, 2014
- Promotion: Each account has a personalized promotion track with different requirements to meet to maximize the points they can earn. All accounts can earn at least 20,000 bonus points, but some accounts are receiving 100,000+ point options.
- Registration link: To find out your personalized promotion, go to this site and enter your member number and password.
- My thoughts: This promotion is all over the place, so it really depends on what you are offered. Remember, many of the offers can be stacked, so you might be able to cross off two requirements, for example, with just one stay. Many people will also find ways to use mattress runs to complete this promotion for cheap. Remember, there are many other ongoing promotions too that can be stacked with this promo, so you can probably earn an additional 20,000-30,000 points. You can read about these promotions here. Blog Post
Starwood’s “Bring on the Nights” Promotion
- Dates: January 5 through April 30, 2014
- Promotion: Earn 2,500 bonus points for every five eligible nights you stay. You are capped at earning 10,000 points after 20 nights and if you hit 25 nights you’ll get a 5,000 points bonus. If you stay the maximum of 25 nights, you’ll earn a total of 15,000 bonus points, or 600 points per night.
- Registration link: You must register for this promotion by February 28, 2014.
- My thoughts: Probably one of the worst promotions Starwood has offered in a while and definitely not as good as the promotions listed in this post. If you stay at Starwood hotels anyways then it is great, but if you have other options you might want to look into one of the other chain’s promotions. Blog Post
Club Carlson’s “Stay 3 Nights, Get 1 Free” Promotion
- Dates: January 6 through April 13, 2014
- Promotion: Receive 38,000 bonus points after three nights at any Club Carlson property. This will give you enough points to redeem for a free night at a category 4 hotel. You are capped at earning the bonus just once.
- Registration link: You must register for this promotion prior to check out of your first hotel stay.
- My thoughts: If you are into earning Club Carlson points then this is a great promotion. Since you are capped at earning the bonus points once though, I’d personally only stay 3 nights and then move onto another chain to maximize. Blog Post
Which hotel promotion will you be taking advantage of?