This post may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners, such as American Express. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here. Additionally, some of the offers on this page may no longer be available through Deals We Like.
Earlier this morning I posted my deal and promotion wish list for this year. While going through this, I was thinking of some of the AMAZING promotions that we haven’t seen in quite some time. And unfortunately, I do not think we will ever see these promotions again.
- US Airways Grand Slam promotion – We didn’t see it in 2012 or 2013 and with the American Airlines merger, I think our days of earning hits are over. But… I’d love to see US Airways and American come up with some creative promotion to kick off their merger…. I can dream right?!
- Hyatt Faster Free nights – This has been a promotion that I do not believe has been around since 2012. However, prior to that they had it at least once a year since the early 2000′s. While I think the good old days are gone, Hyatt did come out with a semi version of this promotion for the Q1 promotion this year.
- SPG Free Night promotion – Similar to Hyatt’s Faster Free nights and unfortunately a promotion we will probably never see again. In 2009, 2010, and 2011 they ran this promotion were Starwood was giving guest 1 free night to use after ever 3 stays. The terms were slightly different all three years and in 2009 it actually only required 2 stays to earn that free night certificate.
- American Express Gift Chain – To date this was a one time promotion in 2011, but I really would love to see it return. I was actually able to get close to $600 in free Pottery Barn and REI gift cards.
- Delta Sky Mall 25,000 mile promotion – A great promotion in 2011, but that was the last we saw of it. I was able to purchase Samsung Galaxy tablets, resell them, and ended up with 100,000 Delta miles for $600. I already used 50,000 of those miles for a ski trip out west for me and my husband – tickets would have cost close to $400 each.
- Club Carlson Big Night Giveaway – This was a great marketing strategy for Club Carlson as it really got their brand name out there. While Club Carlson is running regular bonus promotions, none are nearly as good as the promotions we saw in 2011 and 2012. However, the addition of a Club Carlson credit card in 2013 was amazing!
Of course I’ll keep my fingers crossed, but I don’t have high hopes! C’est la vies!
What are some promotions you secretly hope will come back?