This post may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners, such as American Express. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here. Additionally, some of the offers on this page may no longer be available through Deals We Like.
American Airlines is offering a 25% bonus when you transfer select hotel points to your AAdvantage account. This offer is valid through March 31, 2014 and bonus points should post within 7 days after you initiate the transfer.
While this is a great promotion for those looking to unload their hotel points, typically transferring miles to points lessens the value of each point. Also, only select hotels are participating.
Participating Hotels (the transfer ratio does not include the 25% bonus):
- Best Western International
- 5,000 Best Western Rewards® points = 1,000 AAdvantage miles
- Choice Hotels®
- 5,000 Choice Privileges® points = 1,000 AAdvantage miles
- Hilton Worldwide portfolio of brands
- 10,000 Hilton HHonorsTM points = 1,500 AAdvantage miles
- InterContinental Hotels Group
- 10,000 IHG® Rewards Club points = 2,000 AAdvantage miles
- 10,000 Marriott Reward points = 2,000 AAdvantage miles
- 20,000 Marriott Reward points = 5,000 AAdvantage miles
- 30,000 Marriott Reward points = 10,000 AAdvantage miles
- 70,000 Marriott Reward points = 25,000 AAdvantage miles
- 140,000 Marriott Reward points = 50,000 AAdvantage miles
- Carlson Rezidor Hotels
- 2,000 Club Carlson Gold Points = 200 AAdvantage miles
- 10,000 Club Carlson Gold Points = 1,000 AAdvantage miles
- 50,000 Club Carlson Gold Points = 5,000 AAdvantage miles
- 100,000 Club Carlson Gold Points = 10,000 AAdvantage miles
- Wyndham Hotel Group
- 6,000 Wyndham Rewards® points = 1,200 AAdvantage miles
- 16,000 Wyndham Rewards points = 3,200 AAdvantage miles
- 30,000 Wyndham Rewards points = 6,000 AAdvantage miles
Unfortunately, Starwood is not participating, along with Hyatt Gold Passport, Melia Hotels International & Resorts, La Quinta Inns & Suites, and Langham Hospitality Group. Starwood has the best transfer value out of any of the hotels as points transfer 1:1 and with every 20,000 points transferred you get a 5,000 point bonus. With Starwood not being an option, I really don’t see a great value in transferring from any of the programs. Although, if you have some orphaned points this might be a great way to get some value out of them. Prior to Wyndham’s devaluation I absolutely would have taken advantage of this, but probably not anymore. Although, I am pretty annoyed with their program and really am not sure if I have any use with keeping my points, so we shall see.
Will any of you be taking advantage of this promotion?
Thanks to Loyalty Lobby for sharing this promotion!