This post may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners, such as American Express. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here. Additionally, some of the offers on this page may no longer be available through Deals We Like.
JetBlue just announced two great way to get Mosaic status:
- TrueBlue Mosaic Status Challenge – Earn 3,750 base flight TrueBlue points within 90 days and you’ll qualify for Mosaic status through December 31, 2015!
- TrueBlue Mosaic Status Match – If you already have status on another airline, you will get automatic Mosaic status through the rest of 2014. Current status includes:
- Alaska Airlines: Mileage PlanTM MVP Gold or MVP Gold 75k
- American Airlines: AAdvantage Platinum or Executive Platinum
- Delta: SkyMiles Medallion Gold, Platinum or Diamond
- Southwest: Rapid Rewards A-List Preferred or Companion Pass
- United: MileagePlus Premier Gold, Platinum or Premier1K
- US Airways: Dividend Miles Preferred Gold, Platinum or Chairman
Steps to take advantage of the challenge offer:
- By April 18, 2014, email TrueBlue at mosaicchallenge @ jetblue.com and include your TrueBlue number
- Within two weeks you’ll receive an email stating that you’ve been enrolled into the challenge
- Earn 3,750 base flight points within 90 days of when your challenge begins (once you’ve receive the acceptance email) – perks in the Mosaic program will not start until you reach the required qualifications
Steps to take advantage of the status offer:
- By April 18, 2014, email TrueBlue at mosaicchallenge @ jetblue.com and include your TrueBlue number along with your proof of status of in one of the airline loyalty programs
- Within two weeks you’ll receive an email stating that you have earned status through December 24, 2014 and you’ve also been enrolled in the 90 day status challenge
- You will automatically have Mosaic status and then the opportunity to earn Mosaic status for another year by earning 3,750 base flight points within 90 days
How do I earn 3,750 base flight points? Base flight points are the 3 points per $1 you earn on the base fare of your JetBlue flight purchase. JetBlue does not calculate points based on mileage flown, but instead the dollar value of your flight. This means you must spend $1,250 on JetBlue flights during the 90 day time period. Unfortunately, bonus points, partner points, and booking bonuses will not count.
What does Mosaic status get me? While Mosaic status isn’t nearly as good as having status on some other airlines, it still will get you something. My favorite perk of the program is that change and cancellation fees are waived for Mosaic members and others on the itinerary. You’ll also earn an additional 3 TrueBlue points per dollar on your JetBlue flight, for a total of up to 9 points per dollar if you book on jetblue.com. And you’ll also get another checked bag for free, so instead of one free checked bag you’ll get two free checked bags. You can learn more about Mosaic status here.
With Mosaic status you also earn 15,000 JetBlue TrueBlue points. It states on the page that this is a perk, but I am not sure if these 15,000 bonus points will be awarded to those who earn status through the challenge or match promotion. My assumption is those points will be earned through the challenge, but not 100% sure if you earn it through a status match. If so, 15,000 points is worth 1-2 free one-way flights with JetBlue! I guess we will know within 2 weeks!
If you have status you might as well go ahead and get Mosaic status as you never know when it will come in handy. I am excited that the Southwest Companion Pass status counts as this is how I will get my status match!