This post may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners, such as American Express. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here. Additionally, some of the offers on this page may no longer be available through Deals We Like.
Hilton’s limited time offer for the Citi Hilton HHonorsTM Visa Signature® Card is ending today, April 18, 2014. New applicants will receive 50,000 points after spending $1,000 in the first four months, plus a $50 statement credit after spending $50+ at a Hilton hotel during the first six months of card membership. This is 10,000 points better then their typical offer, plus you get the $50 credit at Hilton hotels. While 50,000 points is a good offer for this card, Hilton went through a massive devaluation about a year ago and depending on where you are looking to stay, 50,000 points will probably get you about 1 free night (although at a category 1 hotel it will get you 10 free nights).
This card comes with no annual fee and Hilton Silver status. While Hilton Silver status is the lowest tier status and won’t get you too much, the real benefit is getting access to your 5th night free on award redemptions – a perk that is only available to those with Silver, Gold, and Diamond status.
Remember, there are two different Citi Hilton co-branded credit cards. The Signature card mentioned above that comes with no annual fee and the Citi® Hilton HHonors™ Reserve Card that comes with an annual fee. I personally prefer the Reserve card as it comes with complimentary Gold status which is one of the best mid-tier level statuses amongst all of the chain hotels. At Hilton, Gold status will give you breakfast (for 2 guests), a potential upgrade, and the possibility of getting lounge access – you can read more about the perks of Hilton status here.
I also value the sign up bonus for the Reserve card higher than the Signature card bonus. If you are looking to redeem your sign up bonus at an expensive hotel then the two free nights you receive from the Reserve card will go much further than the 50,000 points from the Signature card.
Here is a comparison between the two cards:
- Citi® Hilton HHonorsTM Visa Signature® Card
- Sign up offer: 50,000 points after spending $1,000 in the first four months + $50 statement credit after spending $50+ at a Hilton hotel during the first six months of card membership.
- Perks: Complimentary Silver elite status each year you keep the card.
- Annual Fee: No annual fee
- **My link for this card is lower than the enhanced offer, however, you can find the 50,000 point offer from two other recommended bloggers – Mommy Points and View from the Wing
- Citi® Hilton HHonors™ Reserve Card
- Sign up offer: 2 free weekends nights to use at any Hilton portfolio hotel after spending $2,500 within four months of card membership.
- Perks: Gold elite status each year you keep the card and Diamond elite status if you spend $40,000 in a calendar year. Also, you will earn a free weekend night annual if you spend $10,000 on the card during your card membership year.
- Annual Fee: $95/year
- Related blog post; Application link
My assumption is that the offer for the Signature card will go back down to 40,000 points, although I’d love to see it stay at 50,000 points for a bit longer!
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. As always, thanks for supporting the blog and enjoy traveling on a deal.