This post may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners, such as American Express. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here. Additionally, some of the offers on this page may no longer be available through Deals We Like.
I recently mentioned the Visa Savings Edge program in regards to the Chase Ink credit cards. The Chase Ink Bold, Chase Ink Plus, Chase Ink Cash, and Classic credit cards all used to be MasterCards, but last Fall they swapped over to Visa, which means that all new card applicants will receive a Visa and the perks that come along with a Visa.
So what does this really mean? Those with the Visa version of the Chase Ink Bold, Chase Ink Plus, and Chase Ink Cash card (amongst other cards) are able to take advantage of the Visa Savings Edge program!
You first must register your card for the program, and then you can receive cash back at these merchants:
- Sears PartsDirect – 10% on all purchases
- Chevron – 1% on all fuel purchases
- Texaco – 1% on all fuel purchases
- AutoZone – 2% on all purchases of $50 or more
- Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online – 10% on all purchases
- Davinci Virtual Office Solutions – 5% on all virtual office service purchases
- MyExpressFreight.com – 10% on all shipping and freight purchases
- Officefurniture.com – 5% on% all purchases of $250 or more
- Umbra – 5% on all purchases
- Staples – 1% on all purchases over $200
- Bing Ads – 5% on all purchases
- ADT – 10% on all purchases (save up to $100)
- Practical eCommerce – 20% on all courses
- iStock – 25% on all purchases
- Standard Legal – 10% on all legal purchases
- Sales Force data.com – 15% on all annual packages
- Health Advocate – 15% on all purchases
- Red Robin – 1% on all purchases of $40 or more
- FromYouFlowers.com – 8% on all purchases
- CoffeeforLess.com – 5% on all purchases
- Buca di Beppo – 2% on all purchases over $50
- Wall Street Journal – $3 on a subscription
- Godiva – 8% on all purchases
- HyperOffice – 12% on all purchases
- LifeLock – 20% on all purchases
- Office 365 – 10% on Office 365 purchase
- Swiftpage – 10% on all E-marketing Services
- Lenovo – 5% on all purchases
- PCRush.com – 5% on all purchases (up to $2,500 in savings)
- TigerDirect.com – 2% on all purchases over $300
- Sony – 5% on all purchases
- Alamo – 4% on all car rentals
- Go – 10% when you book online
- Ramada – 5% on hotel room reservations
- Knights Inn – 5% on hotel room reservations
- Howard Johnson – 5% on hotel room reservations
- Baymont Inn & Suites – 5% on hotel room reservations
- National Car Rental – 4% on all car rentals over $100
- La Quinta – 5% on hotel room reservations
- Wingate by Wyndham – 5% on hotel room reservations
- Days Inn – 5% on hotel room reservations
- Travelodge – 5% on hotel room reservations
- ParkWhiz – 5% on all purchases
- Super 8 – 5% on hotel room reservations
- Microtel Inn & Suites – 5% on hotel room reservations
The savings will not come off the purchase itself but in the form of cash back on your statement.
A great usage for this perk is if you are looking to purchase the $200 Visa gift cards that are now available online at Staples. If you purchase these cards with your Chase Ink credit card, you will earn the following:
- Purchase a $200 gift card for $206.95 (there is an activation fee)
- Go through TopCashBack.com to purchase the gift card. While not 100% certain that you’ll earn the cash back through this online shopping portal, it seems to be the most reliable right now in terms of this purchase. As of today, this will give you 3% cash back on your purchase – $6.20 cash back.
- Earn 1% cash back if you are making the purchase with a card enrolled in the Visa Edge Savings program (i.e., Chase Ink Bold, Plus, or Cash) – $2.07 cash back.
- So ultimately, you are walking away with a $200 Visa gift card and $1.32 in profit!
- That $200 Visa gift card can be turned into cash using Amazon Payments ($1,000 max a month per account)
And you are earning 5x points on your purchase since Staples is an office supply store and that is one of the perks of these three cards. So you are earning 1,034 Chase Ultimate Reward points which I personally value at about $20.
If you were to purchase 5 $200 gift cards a month (since that is the maximum amount to put through Amazon Payments easily), you can earn 5,173 Chase Ultimate Reward points (which I value at $100 or more), plus $6.60 in profit (assuming the transaction is eligible through TopCashBack.com). If you take advantage of this every month, you can earn over 62,000 Chase Ultimate Reward points for the year! This can get you 4 free nights at the Hyatt Escala Lodge in Park City, 2 free nights in Kauai, Maui, or the Maldives (with many points left over), 2 free nights in Paris or Tokyo, and of course free nights at many other Hyatt hotels! This can also get you a free roundtrip flight to Europe on United. And the options for British Airways are endless – free flight to Madrid, Dublin, NYC to the Caribbean (for at least 2 people!), etc. And of course you are still making a slight profit on the cash back portion along the way!
So for those with the Chase Ink MasterCard, since it is a new product you should be able to re-apply and get the Visa version of the desired Chase Ink card (upon approval). While I have yet to do this (although I will be this week), many have reported being able to get the sign up bonus again.
- Chase Ink Plus Business Credit Card – 50,000 bonus points after you spend $5,000 in the first 3 months; $95 annual fee waived the first year
- Chase Ink Cash Business Credit Card – 20,000 bonus points after you spend $3,000 in the first 3 months; no annual fee
Disclosure: This link contains affiliate links for the Chase Ink Cash credit card. As always, thanks for supporting the blog and enjoy traveling on a deal!