This post may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners, such as American Express. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here. Additionally, some of the offers on this page may no longer be available through Deals We Like.
I’m very excited for American Express’s Daily Getaway promotion to start May 19th! I absolutely love this sale and am hoping for some great travel discounts.
For those who are not aware with this Amex sponsorship, it is a 5 week promotion with a different offer available for purchase everyday. Each offer will be available for purchase starting at 1pm EST and quantities can be extremely limited. Some offers literally sell out within seconds! In the past I’ve been able to get some good buys, which have included Wyndham points, Radisson certificates, and Hertz points.
I did a much better job broadcasting the offers back in 2012, so you can read more about the typical offers here (last year I had a 10 day old baby so blogging was limited at that time!): Weeks 1 and 2, Weeks 3 and 4, Week 5
Additionally, if you use an American Express card to purchase the deal, you will get 10% off! I really do love having my American Express cards! So I am anxiously awaiting May 19th and the entire 5 weeks of these offers! As of right now only weeks 1 and 2 offers are listed, but you can keep on checking back here.
- Monday May 19: Wyndham Rewards Points
- 14,000 Wyndham Rewards points for $84 (500 available)
- 32,000 Wyndham Rewards points for $192 (450 available)
- 75,000 Wyndham Rewards points for $450 (200 available)
- 40,000 Wyndham Rewards points for $240 (440 available)
- 60,000 Wyndham Rewards points for $360 (100 available)
- **each package will cost .6 cents per point which is double the cost from last year and Wyndham points have devalued since then as well – this is unfortunately no longer as good as a buy
- Tuesday May 20: Hertz
- 5,500 Hertz Gold Plus Rewards® for $280 (45 available); cost = 5.1 cents per point
- 13,200 Hertz Gold Plus Rewards® for $475 (35 available); cost = 4.6 cents per point
- 16,500 Hertz Gold Plus Rewards® for $775 (50 available); cost = 4.7 cents per point
- Wednesday May 21: Choice Privilege
- 40,000 Choice Privileges points for $165 (325 available); cost = .41 cents per point
- 36,000 Choice Privileges points for $175 (785 available); cost = .49 cents per point
- 32,000 Choice Privileges points for $132 (655 available); cost = .41 cents per point
- 20,000 Choice Privileges points for $108 (216 available); cost = .54 cents per point
- Thursday May 22: Alamo
- $50 certificate for $25 (2,000 available)
- Friday May 23: Hilton
- 100,000 Hilton HHonors™ Bonus Points for $550 (160 available)
- 150,000 Hilton HHonors™ Bonus Points for $825 (200 available)
- 250,000 Hilton HHonors™ Bonus Points for $1,375 (200 available)
- **all these packages cost .55 cents per point which is the same price they were going for in 2012, although Hilton has massively devalued since then.
- Monday May 26: InterContinental Hotel Group Points
- 100,000 IHG Rewards Club Points for $630 (1,000 available); cost = .63 cents per point
- 15,000 IHG Rewards Club Points for $100 (2,500 available); cost = .67 cents per point
- 25,000 IHG Rewards Club Points for $167 (2,000 available); cost = .68 cents per point
- 50,000 IHG Rewards Club Points for $325 (1,250 available); cost = .65 cents per point
- Tuesday May 27: Caesars/Harrah’s Las Vegas
- 2 nights at Harrah’s Las Vegas for $299 (20 available)
- 3 nights at Caesars Palace Las Vegas for $1,540 (10 available)
- 2 nights at Caesars Palace Las Vegas for $465 (20 available)
- 2 nights at Nobu Hotel at Caesars Palace for $590 (5 available)
- 2 nights at Paris Las Vegas for $350 (10 available)
- **all of these packages include additional items, such as dinner, shows, transportation, etc.
- Wednesday May 28: City Pass
- Visit 5 of San Francisco’s Top Attractions for $86 (125 available)
- Visit 5 of Atlanta’s Top Attractions for $74 (75 available)
- Visit 5 of Chicago’s Top Attractions for $94 (125 available)
- Visit 6 of Seattle’s Top Attractions for $64 (88 available)
- Visit 6 Top New York Attractions for $109 (150 available)
- Thursday May 29: Diamond Resorts
- 5 Night Stay at a Diamond Property Worldwide for $600 (200 available)
- Friday May 30: Theme Park Tickets
- Visit Any SeaWorld Park for Only $49 (900 available)
- Visit Any Busch Gardens Park for Only $45 (640 available)
Overall, the deals are not as great as they used to be. Prices have gone up and programs have devalued. However, over the coming weeks I will do a detailed analysis on each deal to help you determine whether or not it is worth it. If you are eyeing a deal that has a limited amount available, be prepared to be at your computer exactly at 1pm EST. Also, the prices above do not take into consideration 10% off if you have an Amex card.
I am personally most excited for Hertz points, Choice Privilege points, and InterContinental points. Those who love Vegas though should get a great value out of the Caesars packages as well! I’m sad to see the Wyndham offer no longer a good value, but those ended up being impossible to purchase anyways.
Thanks to Mommy Points for pointing out that the first two weeks are available!